glsponchos

Strange Air Conditioner Operation

I have a 2010 Allegro Bus. It has 3 Duotherm roof units. The controller appears to be an RVComfort.ZC My issue is that the units can alternately act strange. When I first turn them on, sometimes one or more of the units will begin cooling beyond the set temperature. To make it stop, I need to use the mode button to manually turn all the units off. Then turn the main cool switch off. Wait a minute or so, then turn the main switch back on and turn on the individual units. Normal operation will usually resume. Other times, a unit's fan will come on, but the compressor won't. I have to go through the same procedure to reset that unit. I've begun to do all the units at the same time to avoid the issue. It seems to only happen when the controller has been off, or has been set to heat, and is being returned to cool. Quite annoying during Spring season. I checked the thermostat to see if maybe it had batteries in it. None found. Any thoughts ?

If the thermostat doesn't have batteries, it is probably powered by the 12 volt house system. If that is the case you might be starting to have an issue with one or more of the house batteries.

Like a dead cell.  Put a volt meter to each battery, if they are acid type, check each and add distilled water if needed also check for swelling. 

I would recommend taking all your cables loose (one at a time is best) cleaning and inspecting them for damage from corrosion. I would use a good dielectric grease when installing to prevent corrosion. :D

Bill

I would recommend Noalox grease, not dieelectric grease for the electrical connection. Noalox is to be used between the battery post and the connector, it is conductive for transferring electricity from the electric source to the transfer device (cable), helps to reduce oxidation. Dieelectric grease is nonconductive and should be used on the outside of any electrical connector for sealing out elements. Very good advice Bill, and X3 Herman, remove the ground cable first with a thorough cleaning, then reinstall last to prevent the possibility of any unnecessary arching.