1 hour ago, Boundertom said:

I just now received this email from Chris Smith. I assume it is a canned response from submitting my info online a few days ago. Anyone else get this?

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your interest in our newest FMCA member benefit, unlimited “on the go” internet access at a member-only price.
Response has been overwhelming!

We have your request and will be contacting you next week.  Thanks for your patience.

Regards, 

Chris Smith
Executive Director / CFO

Yes, I just got the email as well.  FMCA member. Original join date in 2009, Motorcoach owner. I did apply for the Verizon deal.

I've been following this topic today and just wanted to add my perspective as a brand new FMCA member. Yes, I joined just as soon as I learned about this Verizon plan. But by the time I had signed up yesterday the plan had been put on hold. Meanwhile, I began looking around the FMCA website and I'm impressed with all that the organization has to offer. Incidentally, I was asked to provide my motorhome's make, model, length and license number when I signed up.

Bottom line: Sure, I hope to get in on the Verizon plan when it launches because it's a great deal. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my new membership and profit from all the great tips I'm learning in the forums. For those of us who are still fairly new to RVs this is a great place to hang out. Just my two cents.

15 hours ago, rlbarkleyii said:

We as FMCA members have a right to be pissed about this roll out. By closing discussions FMCA staff is just pouring coal on the fire. I hope they will regroup and open this to all CURRENT members before new members. BTW what is a "coach code"?,  Are they talking about our member numbers? 

I believe "coach code" is the 3-digit code assigned to various motorhome makes/models in the "Stoppin Spots" section of your January FMC magazine.  

SWD = Southwind

NMR = Newmarket Industries

Chris G.

F3508s

VERIZON WIRELESS PLAN UPDATE

As you may have heard, FMCA had been working with Verizon to offer a special rate on an unlimited wireless data plan. After the “soft launch” of this plan to a test group of FMCA members (before the planned launch to all members), Verizon called FMCA and told us to pull the offering. Verizon officials indicated that they will not be honoring any of the orders that had been entered during this test period. We are still working to see whether FMCA and Verizon can put together an advantageous plan for FMCA members, but at this point we are not certain what will result from discussions with Verizon officials.

47 minutes ago, larrypennington said:

As you may have heard, FMCA had been working with Verizon to offer a special rate on an unlimited wireless data plan. After the “soft launch” of this plan to a test group of FMCA members (before the planned launch to all members), Verizon called FMCA and told us to pull the offering. Verizon officials indicated that they will not be honoring any of the orders that had been entered during this test period. We are still working to see whether FMCA and Verizon can put together an advantageous plan for FMCA members, but at this point we are not certain what will result from discussions with Verizon officials.

IF... IF... IF... this is true, this is exactly what I have been predicting for the last 4 days. It's OmniLynx EXACTLY, all over again.

It is confirmed, Take action against FMCA as you may feel as appropriate. Were you offered a member benefit that FMCA could not produce? I think that would be a matter for the Ohio Attorney General to decide.

1 hour ago, wjell said:

It is confirmed, Take action against FMCA as you may feel as appropriate. Were you offered a member benefit that FMCA could not produce? I think that would be a matter for the Ohio Attorney General to decide.

Wow.  And 13 or your total of 14 posts on the FMCA Forum are on this thread.

Go to the Attorney General before even listening to how FMCA staff are offering to handle this??????????

Again Wow.

WOW, like a young child. You got one and I didn't, I'm going to tell mommy. 

Stop, look and listen.  It will be worked out. All of the complaining and finger pointing won't help a bit. It will be worked out but it can't be done with the snap of a finger.

Herman 

53 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Go to the Attorney General before even listening to how FMCA staff are offering to handle this??????????

Again Wow.

I would not be as adamant on this subject IF I did not feel that I was strung along by FMCA. FMCA has taken the tact that, "nothing to fear" we are working this out, as it sunk lower and lower in the realm of possibility. That is NOT leadership that is spin. I want TRUTH not SPIN! 

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Many of us do not have a lot of posts in the FMCA forum because there is not something here specific to our interests that we aren't already discussing on a forum elsewhere.

The FMCA Verizon data offering is/was specific to this board, hence we came here to discuss it and that is where the majority of our posts are.

I would not insinuate something about a poster solely because this is the primary topic they have posted in.

Michelle

1 hour ago, spuds said:

Many of us do not have a lot of posts in the FMCA forum because there is not something here specific to our interests that we aren't already discussing on a forum elsewhere.

The FMCA Verizon data offering is/was specific to this board, hence we came here to discuss it and that is where the majority of our posts are.

I would not insinuate something about a poster solely because this is the primary topic they have posted in.

Michelle

THANK YOU for your understanding!

4 hours ago, larrypennington said:

Thanks Larry. And your position at FMCA is what, exactly? That might be a good thing to put in your signature.

Of course, FMCA is blameless in this. It is that evil Verizon to blame. (That was sarcasm) I am only about 99.5% sure that Verizon pulled the plug because FMCA was selling memberships and data plans to anyone who called in with a credit card number. Will FMCA ever admit that they messed up big time? Probably not. This is disgraceful.  But, I see that there are a few FMCA fanboys aboard who can see that FMCA does nothing wrong. "Just wait, everything will be fine." What I see, is my membership of 35 years coming to an end. They have nothing of substance to offer me any longer. This disgraceful display of incompetent management just sealed the deal.

2 hours ago, spuds said:

Michelle

Well said, Michelle!

I wonder how long before this topic is closed, also?

47 minutes ago, Boundertom said:

Thanks Larry. And your position at FMCA is what, exactly? That might be a good thing to put in your signature.

Of course, FMCA is blameless in this. It is that evil Verizon to blame. (That was sarcasm) I am only about 99.5% sure that Verizon pulled the plug because FMCA was selling memberships and data plans to anyone who called in with a credit card number. Will FMCA ever admit that they messed up big time? Probably not. This is disgraceful.  But, I see that there are a few FMCA fanboys aboard who can see that FMCA does nothing wrong. "Just wait, everything will be fine." What I see, is my membership of 35 years coming to an end. They have nothing of substance to offer me any longer. This disgraceful display of incompetent management just sealed the deal.

PERFECTLY STATED!!! 

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Stop, look and listen.  It will be worked out. All of the complaining and finger pointing won't help a bit. It will be worked out but it can't be done with the snap of a finger.

Herman 

Herman, I wish I had your confidence that it will be worked out. I would say the chances of that are slim and none. Us lowly members will never know the terms of the agreement between FMCA and Verizon. We can be pretty darn certain that this agreement was predicated on FMCA (as a non-profit organization) selling data plans to members. And to be a member, you MUST own a motorcoach. Did FMCA make a good faith effort to comply with that? NO! I personally know someone who joined and signed up for the data plan, but does not own a motorcoach. This is done. I will get over it. I have had data service from Verizon for about as many years as it has been available. I would have liked to have had this excellent deal, but FMCA's greed and/or incompetence ruined it for their legitimate members.

Edited by Boundertom
grammar

47 minutes ago, Boundertom said:

Herman, I wish I had your confidence that it will be worked out. I would say the chances of that are slim and none. Us lowly members will never know the terms of the agreement between FMCA and Verizon. We can be pretty darn certain that this agreement was predicated on FMCA (as a non-profit organization) selling data plans to members. And to be a member, you MUST own a motorcoach. Did FMCA make a good faith effort to comply with that? NO! I personally know someone who joined and signed up for the data plan, but does not own a motorcoach. This is done. I will get over it. I have had data service from Verizon for about as many years as it has been available. I would have liked to had this excellent deal, but FMCA's greed and/or incompetence ruined it for their legitimate members.

Therein lies the truth. The FMCA "cheerleaders" care nothing about the truth. This was a scam, plain and simple. Verizon gets it. What FMCA  doesn't realize is that webpages and emails don't "vanish" when you delete them. They still are there. That will be their downfall.

When and if the the appropriate governmental bodies look into this, FMCA is going to have some big problems. Like violating their charter and bylaws for the sake of perpetuating this scam? Since I'm 100% in my predictions so far, I'll go out on a limb. I predict in the next two weeks (or less) FMCA will start throwing people under the bus (is that a "legal" FMCA bus?) to save itself. Look for the E.D. to be the one of the first.

On 6/18/2017 at 4:55 PM, BillAdams said:

Since FMCA never has and never will check if someone applying for membership actually owns the RV they claim to own, this thing is about to go ballistic.  The likelihood is that Verizon will pull the plug when 5000 folks a month (assuming that's the limit) sign up month after month after month.  FMCA should have been able to see the future with this plan but since it appears not to have been given any consideration the only 2 choices now are to offer this plan to members who pre-date the announcement or require a potential member to provide a copy of vehicle registration before being allowed to join this close knit family.

Wow, I get to quote myself.  If I could see it coming, why couldn't anyone at FMCA?

50 minutes ago, BillAdams said:

Wow, I get to quote myself.  If I could see it coming, why couldn't anyone at FMCA?

Because they didn't want to? Ask one of the cheerleaders.

Apparently no one at FMCA can spell Millenicom or  OmniLynx much less look into their history.  How does that old expression go?  If you fail to learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

5 hours ago, wjell said:

Therein lies the truth. The FMCA "cheerleaders" care nothing about the truth. This was a scam, plain and simple. Verizon gets it. What FMCA  doesn't realize is that webpages and emails don't "vanish" when you delete them. They still are there. That will be their downfall.

When and if the the appropriate governmental bodies look into this, FMCA is going to have some big problems. Like violating their charter and bylaws for the sake of perpetuating this scam? Since I'm 100% in my predictions so far, I'll go out on a limb. I predict in the next two weeks (or less) FMCA will start throwing people under the bus (is that a "legal" FMCA bus?) to save itself. Look for the E.D. to be the one of the first.

This guy is ranting and raving in many places, to include on Facebook.  Out of control.https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvinternet/ 

Since I'm not a gamer or employed, I have no use for a faster, more data plan that I already with Verizon!  My phone is ATT and works very nicely and cost effective on Passport World, when I take my annual trips outside the US.

For the rest of you?  OK, it didn't work out the way it was suppose to...like life, it's not fair!  Get over it.  We (FMCA) have a bigger issue to deal with in about 24 days!

wjell.  FMCA is "Not for profit"!  FMC is "For profit"!  Stop with your ranting.

Carl