Well, That Sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Verizion has pulled out of the Mobile Internet Hotspot Agreement !!!

The Absolute BEST benefit FMCA has created recently has been Killed !!!

Why is this ??

Because the program was a SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!

The program had a very reasonable price for Unlimited Data and and Included a Hotspot Device.

Perhaps T-Mobile could be enticed to "Uncarrier" Verizion and match the program that Verizion Pulled out of. Wouldn't that be GREAT !!!!!

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, manholt said:

Right or wrong.  Nothing can be done about it now!  Don't forget the FMCA members who knew about this, over 2 months ago via Charlie and as Herman wrote...call FMCA.

I do not fault FMCA leadership ~ VZW is known for reversing itself; look at the dishonest folly in their new "Unlimited" plan~~ it's just not true~~ therefore it is a lie

HOWEVER

Trial plan?? Pilot plan???

Is it really reasonable for certain members to enjoy such a great benefit as this while it is kept from others?

How do you decide which 5000 members gets to be in the inside circle??

put some extra $$ in the plan for indirect costs, verify motorcoach ownership, automate the process, and make it available to ALL members out of the box!

2 hours ago, hyco2000 said:

Perhaps T-Mobile could be enticed to "Uncarrier" Verizion and match the program that Verizion Pulled out of. Wouldn't that be GREAT !!!!!

T-Mobile has nowhere near the coverage that Verizon (or AT&T) has.  Maybe in a few years if they build out, but right now they pale in comparison.

1 hour ago, jbrunson said:

I do not fault FMCA leadership ~ VZW is known for reversing itself; look at the dishonest folly in their new "Unlimited" plan~~ it's just not true~~ therefore it is a lie

I do not fault FMCA either, Verizon has done my company wrong before also, by offering something then decided not to go through with it. But Verizon Unlimited so far is not a lie, I signed up as soon as it was offered, dropped $15.00 off my 12 gig data plan, and have gone over the proverbial 22 Gig threshold three times already and have experienced no noticeable slowdowns yet. Lets please move on, horse is already dead, beating it will NOT REVIVE it.

1 hour ago, spuds said:

T-Mobile has nowhere near the coverage that Verizon (or AT&T) has.  Maybe in a few years if they build out, but right now they pale in comparison.

Have you seen the results from recent coverage tests performed by independent research firms showing coverage and speed results? T-Mobile's performance and coverage has become so good lately that there is no significant differences between the two carriers. Verizon's coverage advantage has disappeared and AT&T is coming in at third place.

When you look at future coverage, T-Mobile was the largest winner in the most recent (lower) Bandwidth auction  which will allow T-Mobile to send their signals farther and penetrate buildings better than any current carrier giving them a clear advantage in the future. In case you are wondering how long until this becomes available, T-Mobile announced that they will be testing this lower bandwidth before the end of 2017.

T-Mobile has also stated that this lower Bandwidth would become the foundation of their 5G network strategy.

For those that have not been following this discussion: I started this topic over on the "RV Internet to Go/Staying in Touch" forum, after an existing topic there was closed to further discussion. Today, they moved this discussion to this forum (with no notice or link), and renamed it. I take exception to the renaming, as it is misleading at the very least. We will most likely never be told all of the facts, but it is very likely that Verizon pulled out of this agreement due to FMCA selling memberships and data plans to anyone who called, whether they owned a motorhome or RV or not. If it was really a "test plan" or "soft launch" why sell the plans to non-members calling in, before it was even offered to the vast majority of their loyal membership?  It would have been a GREAT benefit for legitimate  FMCA members.

I am very disappointed in the actions of the FMCA, and my membership of 35 years is likely coming to an end.

2 hours ago, Boundertom said:

For those that have not been following this discussion: I started this topic over on the "RV Internet to Go/Staying in Touch" forum, after an existing topic there was closed to further discussion. Today, they moved this discussion to this forum (with no notice or link), and renamed it. I take exception to the renaming, as it is misleading at the very least.

I find the renaming inappropriate as well.  Especially the three exclamation points someone at FMCA apparently decided were needed.  It's one thing to alter a topic title for clarity (if it was ambiguous), but to change it so that the meaning/intent is different is a whole 'nother thing.

I see that Verizon has taken the appropriate action against FMCA who was scamming them and FMCA members by signing up the general public for FMCA's enrichment. I can only hope that the State of Ohio will investigate FMCA and pull their corporate designation, That is what happens to crooks. Sorry "FMCA cheerleaders" the Emperor's cloaks were not opaque. All is revealed on the Internet for what it is. And so are you.

Actually, no one at FMCA changed the title or added exclamation points other than deleting the first two words (expletives).

The rest of the title (including exclamations points) is pure Boundertom.

Those of you who have been on this (or any other forum for that matter) for any period of time, know that merging two or more threads on the exact same topic is not seamless, but much better than the same conversation going on in 2 or more places simultaneously.

BTW, I would be quite happy to give up the thankless job of moderator.  No, I am not FMCA staff (we live in Texas, not Ohio). No, I am not an FMCA officer.  I am just a volunteer, perhaps like some of you.

Gentlemen (and ladies) POST AWAY.

10 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Actually, no one at FMCA changed the title or added exclamation points other than deleting the first two words (expletives).

Those of you who have been on this (or any other forum for that matter) for any period of time, know that merging two or more threads on the exact same topic is not seamless, but much better than the same conversation going on in 2 or more places simultaneously.

BTW, I would be quite happy to give up the thankless job of moderator.  Gentlemen (and ladies) POST AWAY.

I can understand that. Being a moderator in the best of circumstances is a thankless job that can drive one to drink. I salute you. 

Brett.  Like you, I fell like banging my head against a wall...One more time, please stop with this childish tantrum, your all suppose to be grown up now and realize that nothing you say now, or 5 years from now, is going to change what happened.  It's done and over..I'm now putting myself, on Time Out....AGAIN !

Two links that might need to be read again:

Forum Rules

and

Member Agreement

The forum is  regulated and moderated (through volunteers).  We all live by rules and regulations and when they are broken there are consequences.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.

4 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

BTW, I would be quite happy to give up the thankless job of moderator.  No, I am not FMCA staff (we live in Texas, not Ohio). No, I am not an FMCA officer.  I am just a volunteer, perhaps like some of you.

Wow, Brett!  I thought you had some title at FMCA, or at least they offered you a few bucks with all the technical knowledge and wisdom you share here!  I'm even more impressed!

Thanks Brett for all you do!

Chris G.

F3508s

Chris,

Brett does get a great deal out of Volunteering for FMCA. He has the opportunity to pass on his vast knowledge to folks in need of assistance and for twice a year the chance to ride my arce.:P  I am not too sure which he enjoys most.:D

Love the man and hope he and Dianne have a wonderful adventure on their South America Excursion. (do't tell him I said so)

Herman

Here's what happens when these discussions change directions. This is a post about Verizon and FMCA, not the power nor responsibility of forum moderators. It's not my present concern and not what I'm here to read about. My question at this point is 'What will happen with the people who opted in before Verizon opted out?'. I realize that from the outset we were to understand that the contract for service could end. Does Verizon then intend to send me the hotspot and not service it as specified? My rudimentary understanding of the law seems to say that if you offer something and I accept with payment, we have an agreement that we're both bound to. In this case, if you don't follow through on your end, it sounds like lawsuit (class action). We'll see...

If Verizon opted out would it not be a problem with Verizon and not FMCA?  Why beat FMCA about a decision made by some other company?

So many people are agitated by a move that many companies have done in testing a roll-out feature.

I was offered a 20% discount on entire store purchases last September as a roll-out beta test program. When I use that discount at the register everyone around me is amazed that I get that discount on the entire purchase. So a very small number of people were most likely arbitrarily selected to participate in that service. I don't see any difference in the way FMCA and Verizon handled the situation but it is very unfortunate that it was "leaked" to the presses and the masses now want to know why they were not selected.

It's a beta test program, was it handled right? Who knows. The supposition of many is that FMCA was at fault. It is just that, a supposition. 

The officers of FMCA are doing their best to keep alive this organization.  Are they or any organization board of directors/officers always right. Most likely not. It is so easy to berate when things go wrong, but where is the praise when things go right.

Where are all the kudos when things go right

Thanks FMCA, many of us support you and regardless of how things turn out, if you stay as an organization many will still support you - and it will be better.

sturksonline.  Welcome to the forum!

Sort of works both ways.  If you told a fib about owning a qualifying coach, became a member and now found out that you can't get your toy...are you going to sue yourself?  By the way, are you a FMCA member, if so what is the year, make and model of your rig?  We would need that, in order to help you, with any future issues you might have! 

Have a Blessed Day!

I think you whiners need to put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

Does anyone remember way back to 2011 when VZ pulled the same stunt? probably not.

On 6/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, wolfe10 said:

Brett, I sincerely thank you for your work as moderator and your dedication to FMCA.

I wanted to be done with this subject, and didn't even look at the forums yesterday. Unfortunately, I decided to check in this morning. I cannot let your above statement stand without responding. I ABSOLUTLEY DID NOT MOVE THIS DISCUSSION AND THE CURRENT TITLE WAS NOT GENERATED BY ME! If you will go to my post above, you will see that I objected to the changing of the title and moving of the discussion. The topic I started was titled "Verizon data plan", and was located in the Internet To Go forum. I do not know who made the changes, but IT WAS NOT ME. Furthermore, I did not use any expeltives in any of my posts. I want to be done with this, but I worry what other untruths will be said here.

I would humbly suggest that if a topic is moved in good faith, a message should be left in the original location indicating such move.

Thank you.