Boundertom

Forum censorship and the Verizon Data Plan

I just went to check on the topic I started a few days ago on the Verizon Data Plan. I started that topic after the other topic had been closed. Now I find that the second topic has been removed from the forum. 

Here is a link to where the topic USED to be:  

I am very disappointed in this organization. They will get no more money from me.

53 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Tom,

Please tell us what posts have been removed.

Here is the whole string of your 11 posts on the subject:

http://community.fmca.com/profile/11117-boundertom/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjEwOTkwLCJpZF8yIjo4Mjk3MH0=

Brett,

The entire topic has been removed from the forum. Here is a link to where it used to be: http://community.fmca.com/topic/10974-verizon-data-plan/

I sincerely hope I am wrong about this, but it is not on MY computer.

Tom,

No, that link does not work.  Please do look at your list of posts-- are any missing?

It is quite possible that if more than one discussion is going on concurrently on exactly the same topic that threads are merged.  Nothing deleted, but not two concurrent discussions on the same topic in different places.

Again, are any posts missing??

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Tom,

No, that link does not work.  Please do look at your list of posts-- are any missing?

It is quite possible that if more than one discussion is going on concurrently on exactly the same topic that threads are merged.  Nothing deleted, but not two concurrent discussions on the same topic in different places.

Embarrassing topic to be discussed. :-)

I can understand why.. Some of us predicted from day one, before the massive Internet and non-RVer interest started, that this "offer" would be rescinded before it even got off the ground.

If anyone at FMCA ever believed that this would be allowed to stand, seriously cannibalizing Verizon's standard business and giving away free $200 devices to everyone that wanted it, they are more inexperienced in the current state of Wireless offers than would seem possible. :-) 

A minor percentage organizational rebate (10%-15% maybe) direct with Verizon, yeah, that could potentially happen, if FMCA correctly validated members as motorhome owners. This is what they tried last in 2011. But this was also rescinded by Verizon (after it was already announced in the FMCA magazine, but before any rebates were given).

But free devices and "Unlimited data" setups without the usual 10 GB limit throttling to 2G speed, when you cannot even buy such a thing from Verizon directly???
Never gonna happen. Verizon corporate would have had a serious case of stupidity to allow this to happen.

This was more than likely a Corporate Accounts rep gone amok (seeing bonus dollars by signing up another org).. A parallel to the Huntsville/OmniLynx case.

Tom,

Brett,

I am not talking about posts missing. I am talking about an entire TOPIC of 4 pages REMOVED from this very forum. You posted in the topic a time or two. Now the entire TOPIC  is gone. The link I provided worked this morning. I don't care about a list of my posts. The TOPIC IS GONE, so others cannot read or comment. 

I see that DeeCee confirms what I am saying. Others will chime in, IF THIS TOPIC is not closed or deleted.

This reflects very poorly on the FMCA. Please understand, I have no gripe with you personally.

52 minutes ago, Elkhartjim said:

Tom....the topic has been renamed  "Verizon pulls out of FMCA agreement".

Elkhartjim, you posted while I was typing. Thanks for that information!!!!

I am not a blind supporter of Verizon, even though I have been a customer pretty much as long as they have been in the cellular business. 

I think the new title to MY TOPIC is misleading, at the very best. I resent the moving and renaming of this topic. FMCA doesn't seem to know when to stop digging.

48 minutes ago, Boundertom said:

Brett,

I am not talking about posts missing. I am talking about an entire TOPIC of 4 pages REMOVED from this very forum. You posted in the topic a time or two. Now the entire TOPIC  is gone. The link I provided worked this morning. I don't care about a list of my posts. The TOPIC IS GONE, so others cannot read or comment. 

@Boundertom, As @Elkhartjim showed the topic was not actually deleted.

BUT... They moved it from the 

Home  > Communications and Technology  > RV Internet to Go/Staying in Touch 

area, to the 

Home  > Miscellaneous  > General discussion 

and changed the topic title.

Which means that the thread can no longer be found under anything "Internet" related.

Tom,

2 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Tom,

Brett,

Perhaps you are right. There are possibly 5 posts in the NEWER topic that were not in my older topic. (I wasn't online the entire day, so it is hard for me to tell, at this point) So, PERHAPS they merged the older topic in with the newer topic, because they liked the title of the newer topic better.:D Hopefully the folks posting in the NEWER topic will read it through to become more familiar with what has happened.

I appreciate your information. The FMCA management should appreciate your unfailing support.

I am about ready to give up on this, but.... The topic I started last Friday on the Verizon data plan, in this "RV Internet" forum was moved (or merged, as Brett says) to the General Forum. The description for the General Forum is "If you can't find a place for your motorhoming-related comment elsewhere on the forums, then this is the place to post it." Seems like this is the more appropriate place????:D:D:D

Not the first topic to mysteriously disappear.💥 It's a shame the Verizon test didn't work out though as we need benefits like it to help our membership. 

5,000 test subjects, each with a code to enter, to place a order you would write the code...probably would have worked better! :o:huh:

Brett, where are those other threads that were discussing the Verizon debacle?  It does appear that the threads have been completely removed.

Bill,

Just enter "Verizon" in the search box at the top right of the page.

No, I have not deleted any threads. 

But, still makes more sense to discuss the same topic in one place, not multiple places.

It seem to me there far too many people that complain about their privacy can not wait to tell the world every time they take care of there own personal hygiene. My fathers' advice when it came to that was "Loose lips sink ships" Some one sank our ship.

An other site I am on  copys the post to the new location then locks the original with note where to find it so no one thinks their stuff is deleted 

bm.

There is only censorship on this Forum, when a post becomes argumentative, dives into religion or politics, or someone is trying to sell something!  In the case of multiple postings, it's consolidated under one & sometimes under a new link.

Be aware that this thread is over 6 months old and the comments applied to a DIFFERENT Verizon plan than the current one.

Going to lock this thread, as comments are not related to the current plan.