Sign in to follow this  
joeallied

New RV & New To Owning A Motor Coach

I just purchased a 2018 Forest River Coachman Mirada 35 LS Motor Coach (used it for the first time at Kissimmee KOA last weekend) and have some questions.  This RV is equipped with a  Gen Set on a Cummins Onan RV QG 5500.

When setting the generator to AUTO, I have the inverter set to ON, Battery ON, are there any other settings I need to set?  Shouldn't the generator start automatically when either the battery levels drops below a certain level or the temperature rises above where I set the thermostat?

One more question...Should I be spraying the Slide Out Seal with a conditioner and be spraying a lubricant regularly?

Thanks

Joeallied

Joeallied, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

With the new coach, there should be a stack of information covering the equipment installed in the coach; with owners manuals.

There is a steep learning curve for any new or used coach for the buyer. That is where all those manuals come in handy ! 

The Auto Gen Start is controlled by Xantrex , Magnum or some other charger / inverter manufacture and there should be instructions on programming the Auto start. Who's equipment installed sets how the system is programmed to use the auto start function.

Lubing the seals in most cases needs to be done twice a year unless the coach is exposed to a dirty environment, like dust storms or dusty road conditions.

Rich.