Looking for answer on how to control two LG Televisions in the same RV Living Room.  When we try to turn on one tv or change stations on one tv SOMETIMES the other TV will change and sometime it will not. We contacted LG they did not have an answer, we contracted Tiffin they did not have answer.  Can anyone assist if you have encountered this problem and solved

DBathurst. The real problem starts with the controls using the same IR transmitted control codes. Both IR receivers react to the transmitted codes. The only way to make them both work is to blind them both, by using a LED mounted directly over each receiver - then attaching a fiber optic cable to each remote controller placed at a location that one will use to control each set . One looses the capability to just move the controllers around.

The second possibility gets more involved. One would need to convert one of the sets to receive only a Green or other IR signal, that the other set will not see and ignore any signal except for the unit used with that TV.

Going into reprogramming the second sets microprocessor and transmitter is beyond most people, because the transmitted binary codes need to be totally different. Like one set understanding English and the second one understanding French.

Rich. 

I had the same problem with the 2 sony's in our living area. I put a strip of black tape over the eye[not sure what the correct name for it is] of the one over the dash that we never watch. That prevents that one from seeing the remote when we use it for the other tv. The tape is hardly noticeable if you don't know its there. Hope this works for you.   ccmsm

49 minutes ago, ccmsm said:

I had the same problem with the 2 sony's in our living area. I put a strip of black tape over the eye[not sure what the correct name for it is] of the one over the dash that we never watch. That prevents that one from seeing the remote when we use it for the other tv. The tape is hardly noticeable if you don't know its there. Hope this works for you.   ccmsm

In this case the OP wants to be able to control both sets with remotes anytime and any function, if I'm understanding the content of the post.

Rich. 

D,

Welcome to the Forum. 

If you have one TV that you don't watch, just unplug it. I have a similar situation,  I have two Vizio TVs. One up front and the other in the bedroom. It really ticks the DW off when I don't hold the remote back behind the wall and her TV goes off as mine comes on.

If you want to watch both TV's on different channels change out one for another brand. 

Herman 

59 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

D,

Welcome to the Forum. 

If you have one TV that you don't watch, just unplug it. I have a similar situation,  I have two Vizio TVs. One up front and the other in the bedroom. It really ticks the DW off when I don't hold the remote back behind the wall and her TV goes off as mine comes on.

If you want to watch both TV's on different channels change out one for another brand. 

Herman 

Herman, Changing out to a different brand does not always work. Ran into that problem when setting up long distant learning centers a few times. one needs to have both models they are interested in, in the same room. Then one would run into interference from LED lighting or florescent lights.

The only way to allow full feature usage was to add in some specific control equipment. solved some of those issues with RF signal controllers within a specific frequency band(s) depending on what frequencies where not being used is a distance far enough away. It was always challenging. Using multi-band codex equipment worked the best, but that salutation is way beyond the norm. Both cost wise and space requirements in a coach.

We tend to want to have all the whistles and bells with very crowded spectrum's.

Rich. 

He could add a remote controlled blinder over the IR eye on each TV, simply open the blind on the one that he wants to change,:wub:LOL.  Shame that the remotes aren't UHF, one could simply change frequencies on the two sets.,

12 hours ago, DBathurst said:

Looking for answer on how to control two LG Televisions in the same RV Living Room.  When we try to turn on one tv or change stations on one tv SOMETIMES the other TV will change and sometime it will not. We contacted LG they did not have an answer, we contracted Tiffin they did not have answer.  Can anyone assist if you have encountered this problem and solved

DBathurst, welcome to the forum. Let me see if I understand the problem. You have 2 tv's with 2 remotes. When you use the controller on your set it sometimes interferes with your wifes set and vice versa. Is that correct?  How are the tv's located in relation to each outher?

Bill 

13 hours ago, DBathurst said:

Looking for answer on how to control two LG Televisions in the same RV Living Room.

DUH!-_-

LG sells an RF remote control. If the desire is to control both TV's at the same time an RF controller may be the way to go.

Give a holler to LG again and ask them if your model numbers will work on an RF Remote Control

On my last motorhome I selected three different brands of tvs so I wouldn't have the remote control conflict.  With the cheap prices on the new tvs replacing one is not that expensive.  I saw a 32 inch at Walmart for $125.

It is possible that the problem is caused by reflected signals.  This occurs when the signal sent to one TV in one area is also bouncing off a reflective surface such as a smooth metal surface or a window.  The fact that this doesn't happen every time eliminates a radio signal.  The signal is some kind of light signal and these are easily reflected.  Find out where you can point the control at one TV and not the other and then point the control there every time.  Likewise for the other TV.  Drawing curtains, shielding the remote behind furniture, or even shielding it with your hand may be sufficient to keep the signal from reflecting off a window or a refrigerator door to the other TV.  It sounds silly, but if it works, it is a very simple solution to your problem.

Our TV and DirecTV receiver are programmed to work from the same DirecTV control.  It isn't perfect, power on or power off, the TV responds by changing it's state, from off to on or on to off.  So when the DirecTV receiver is on while the TV is off, I can turn off the DirecTV receiver by holding the remote where the TV can't see the remote.  The DirecTV receiver goes off and the TV remains unaffected.  In fact, the reason that the DirecTV receiver stays on is because Louise's favored seat has her behind a corner from the DirecTV receiver.  She can easily hit the TV but sometimes misses the DirecTV receiver.  Just think of it as a fun game, call it hide and seek. 

Tom, I don't know which Directv remote that you have, mine is white with a black back, I can select tv with the slide switch at the top of the remote, then the receiver is not affected by any function including on/off. In the motorhome, I use only one dvr receiver which is setup for uhf remote, I have 3 different TV's that are all split from the one receiver, bedroom, living room, and outside, with the uhf remote I can be at any of the sets and control the receiver.

Yeah, our DirecTV remotes are light/infrared, not UHF.  Years ago we had the UHF remotes, only one DirecTV receiver in the coach and we could tune it from the bedroom as well as the living room.  I installed separate receivers many years ago when we converted from the old analog TV's.  No need to tune the receiver in the front of the coach from the bedroom, now we have a receiver there.  I didn't know that the old UHF ones were still in service.  :P

As I mentioned, if the remotes were UHF, then the interference wouldn't be intermittent, it would be a continuous problem.  The fact that it is intermittent tells me that it is some kind of random reflection problem.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:14 PM, DBathurst said:

Need clarification. Do you want to control both the TV's at the same time?  I'm reading your post that when you want to turn on the TV you want both of them to come on at the same time and when you change a channel you want both of them to change at the same time.  I'm assuming that both TV's are in the living room with one a larger screen and the other a smaller TV over the dash.  Having one controller control both of the TV's at the same time would be beneficial depending on the orientation of the furniture.

========================

Now let's see if the OP comes back after 1 post. Otherwise we are beating a dead horse.