larrypennington

Verizon News Update: Disappointing News About Our Newest Benefit

Guys,

Come on.

This is NOT, or at least should not be an adversarial relationship-- we are all on in FMCA together (or at least I hope so).

Personally, I am happy that Chris Smith has taken his time to post FACTS on several of the more "active" issues.

Thanks, Chris.

This is the first I have heard of FMCA having a Government contract with Verizon so I suspect some clarity in the very beginning would have helped with the speculation.  Not sure how anyone could have known that FMCA had a Government contract considering they are in no way related to the Government.  Thank you for the clarification.

Bill A.  I think they are using the term Government as a generic....rather than whatever agency regulates this sort of thing!?

I don't believe that is correct.  There are "unlimited" Government contracts available from Verizon.  Not sure how FMCA would qualify for one of these.  If you know the details of how they could have such a contract and believe they could resell it to others, please give us the details.

15 hours ago, BillAdams said:

I don't believe that is correct.  There are "unlimited" Government contracts available from Verizon.  Not sure how FMCA would qualify for one of these.  If you know the details of how they could have such a contract and believe they could resell it to others, please give us the details.

Since FMCA is a non profit, we qualify for government accounts with Verizon.

4 hours ago, smithy said:

Since FMCA is a non profit, we qualify for government accounts with Verizon.

I appreciate you taking time to comment. Rumors and speculation can do a lot of damage in a short period of time.

Thanks.

OK, thanks.  Let's stick with the idea that it was simply a clerical error.  I'm OK with that as it's really not important any longer considering the bigger issue of destroying the FMCA concept by turning into another Good Sam.