glsponchos

Phone Connection

Trying to connect phone service to my 2010 Allegro Bus.  I see the connection point in the wet bay, but once I plug in all the jacks are dead, in the coach.  Does anyone know where the junction box is for the phone circuits, or have an idea what could be the issue ?  Thanks, George

Are you trying for a land line?  That's what the bay connection is for, if your in a Park long term...you'll need to contact your phone service for a land line connection to the park, or connect to a park server, if they have that option.  It has nothing to do with "over the air mobile service"!

I have never encountered it but in the past before so many cell phones you were able to plug into the parks phone system. I believe it was like motels phone but you had to provide the phone. In older coaches you might see a wall phone mounted or a Princess phone on the counted. OH those were the days.

Herman 

4 hours ago, glsponchos said:

Trying to connect phone service to my 2010 Allegro Bus.  I see the connection point in the wet bay, but once I plug in all the jacks are dead, in the coach.  Does anyone know where the junction box is for the phone circuits, or have an idea what could be the issue ?  Thanks, George

George,can you plug into the jack on the pedestal with a phone to verify you have service and a dial tone?  I am assuming you are somewhere you expect to have land line service. 

Just wondering why you need a landline. I haven't had one in about 5 years.

Bill

Our coach has one, one of our kids saw it and asked if this was what they used for internet before wifi :lol:. I had to explain it was for phone service not a cat 5 for a computer :).

I'm in an area with poor cell coverage and the Wi Fi is sketchy.  I've added DSL service, which also comes with a land line.  It works fine at the pedestal, but the jacks are all dead once connected to coach.  Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the wiring/junctioning.  Thanks

gls,

I believe  there there are two different connectors. The pedestals in older camp grounds have a phone connection (jack) not a Cat 5 connector. 

Herman

George, The phone jacks and the Cat 5 (internet) jacks are very different. Each of them will not fit in the others jack.  The Cat 5 is wider than the phone jack.  If you have a telephone cord and it plugs into the pedestal it is not a Cat 5 (Ethernet) connection. If you plug in a telephone and it does not have a dial tone then the jack is dead.

DSL is another matter as the outgoing DSL cable will fit into a phone jack. The majority of DSL lines require a filter that the company you subscribe to provides. It will have a small "pig-tail" on one end and the other side will have a conection that the DSL Modem plugs into. (Some times called ADSL Filter).  You can find them at Target, Wamart or other stores that carry electronic euipement.  Ask your DSL Modem provider for filter model.