dbenoit

BDing at Hampton Beach NH

We were just driving around in the RV today and stopped at the Hampton Beach Sate Park to inquire about parking for the day. come to find out they have boondocking sites available on a first come first serve basis. The full hook up sites need to be reserved about 11 months in advance. So anyways we are going to try to get a no hook up site tomorrow morning. There were about 4 open today. Hopefully we can beat the weekend rush and get a site tomorrow. I think it's $50 a night and stay as long as you wish so we were told. We are only staying 1 night as it is only 20 minutes from our house, this is more like a recon mission. If anyone has been there, Hampton Beach is cool. I'll reply back after our stay and give the intel report.

Dave

"Onward through the fog"

Dave, I believe last time I dry camped at Hampton beach it was $10.00 a day and no generator after 10:30 p.m.  Sign up for reserve America to make reservations at state parks country wide. June and September have many weekdays available. You may also find a couple days in July. Great camp ground just very few sites.  

Carl 2004 American tradition 

atkinson nh

Took me a few tries to figure out what BDing was.  Silly me!  On the other hand, are you saying that it will cost you $50/night to park your RV on a patch of dirt?

My thought, exactly!  I felt a little dumb asking about the $50 ! :lol:  I have a little place in Edwards County, Texas...If I could get that kind or even half the $$ per night, I'd open it up for about 2,500 RV's!  1/2 ac. lots...:lol::lol: 

We are here and it's $30 for DPing (Dirt Parking). Not bad being so close, 100yds, to the beach and a jetty to fish from. Close parking. 

149823339856883290284.jpg

This is our first time BDing. We are having a good experience. Caught 4 stripe bass last night, catch and release. They were just below the size limit. I heard that the Reserve America for full hook ups here is like make reservations 10 months ahead, I don't think so.....

If its $30/night for a really small patch of dirt and no hook ups, I'm afraid to ask the charge for a full hookup site.

Carl, I think we could make a fortune if we could get $30/night for a little space. I'll rent them a half acre, provide a fire ring and all the mesquite wood you can burn for $20/night. I'll even show you how to operate a chain saw and log splitter at no charge. Now if you want to use the air conditioned tractor to ride around and look at the wildlife, that'll cost extra.

Log Splitters are dangerous!  A friend stores his track hoe, grader and track dozer on my property.  Got the first section in 1999, no driveway...so the dozer went first, followed by the hoe dragging a single wide mobil home, followed by me.  My land went up $40 an ac by the time I got another section next to me in 2009!  Now it's all the way to $140 :blink::lol:

I don't care if it was $100 a night to park in a mud puddle. Some of you are missing the point.

End of story.

Dave and Carl don't forget Horseneck beach in Westport Ma or scusset beach by the cape cod canal both state parks scusset hard to get in they have water and electric Horseneck bare bones no water or electric both have great great beaches 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, jrock said:

Dave and Carl don't forget Horseneck beach in Westport Ma or scusset beach by the cape cod canal both state parks scusset hard to get in they have water and electric Horseneck bare bones no water or electric both have great great beaches 

There are a couple of chapters that go to both of those every year. We haven't been with them YET. Scusset beach is great.

We are only about 20 miles from Scusset and go down with the grandkids and park at the fishpeir and ride the bike path good day trip when the weather is good  also a good exercise run for the coach

We have been going here almost every weekend since my original post. Last weekend there were a bunch

of peeps from Canada BDing and they had there own band playing. That was neat. The beach is great

and the boardwalk has a lot of interesting sights........

We have stayed at Hampton Beach in the campground. It is worth the $50 a night!! You have awesome views and minutes away from the beach and boardwalks. Not to mention you are minutes away from Salisbury Beach and Rye Beach also. An if you drive north on Route 1 from Hampton you can go to York Beach too!! I don't know of any campground or State parks on or near the beach and ocean that is going to be cheap dry camping or full hook ups. I agree with DBenoit it's about the joys of being out and enjoying the RV lifestyle.We all know no matter what hobbies we enjoy in life such as RV ing or boating or owning an airplane it costs money. I know we all look for the best value for our money but we all know that it costs money to enjoy ourselves too. Like DBenoit said even if it was $100 for a mud puddle or $30 for a patch of dirt it's the joys of RV ing. We like many of you invested money in our RV lifestyle and we did it not to camp out in our backyard or Wal-Mart parking lots. We did it to travel and see different parts of this beautiful country of ours!! It is all about choice some of us will pay the $100 for a mud puddle some won't at the end of the day it's all about having fun and enjoying the RV ing lifestyle!!

Tiff, AJ-  Maybe we can tilt a glass bottle of wine sometime. We plan on being there almost every weekend unless 

we are traveling on vacation.

David

DBenoit, We will take you up on tilting of the wine bottle as we enjoy it too!! We will be in Hampton in June and again in August and at Salisbury Beach State park also. Currently we are in not so warm South Carolina but heading to hopefully warmer Cocoa Beach Florida next week!! We'll be back in NH in May hopefully it will be warmer by then!!

Anyone out there who is at Hampton Beach this weekend, we are there, feel free to stop by. Always have good wine

and the drink of the weekend is frozen mango margaritas😎. We are in the field 2nd from the end, next to the battle cruiser MH.

Our MH is already there. 

3 hours ago, DBenoit said:

C'mon man!!! It's right down the street from y'all.

You are a bit too late. I was in Saco/Old Orchard Maine from last Sunday evening through Thursday morning. I drove right down I-95 past Hampton. I actually considered driving over to look at the area. 

I was there about a month ago. We camped in Freeport and drove down to the Kittering area for some shopping and lunch. Where were you?

Bill