Chunkybeastracin@aol.com

Forum Classifieds

Is there a place on this forum for people to post RV related items for sale, such as a Blue Ox Tow Bar etc. I found the RV Market Place but it appeared primarily companies advertising. Just wondering if there is a spot for folks to post items for sale that may help others save a few $$ buying used vs. new items.

Could it be possible to create a section of the forums for a classified catorgory? And to prevent people coming on here to just post items for sale and not contributing to the site perhaps a requirment be in place for them to be registered and have a certain amount of posts before they can post a item for sale, well anyway, just a thought.

Sorry, but solicitations to buy or sell of any kind are prohibited out of respect to our paying advertisers. This part of the forum rules includes, but is not limited to, soliciting money for non-profits and posting classified-type ads such as Craigslist.

A swap meet (for small items) or a skills trading area -- swap your skills for those of others -- may be considered in the future.

If it is true that we cannot advertise our own used product for sale? If so that is terrible and i will have more to say about that.

How about toads.....and related items? is that somewhere to be found on FMCA? please advise...thank you

I am looking for a vehicle....it would be nice if someone is selling their toad and advertises it here....

If it is here...please advise as to where...Thank you

I am steaming.....someone else told me it is true......

As per your statement classifieds might be considered in the future....I would like to know what common sense person thinks that an advertiser would not advertise to such a targeted audience just because someone might sell their used tow bar or similar product. All you really are doing is hurting the members. If this is a "club" then members should feel like it is their club......and not be treated as second class after advertisers.....please....

We as a group ( "club") offer an advertiser that seeks rv business a very cost effective way of reaching such a large targeted audience as opposed to much of their advertising dollars that just go out to the public and only a percentage are RV people.

The occasional sale of an item by a member is not going to effect the advertisers business...I cannot think any advertiser would pull their ads and lose all the exposure other than perhaps to be known in a negative way by our members.

I would like administration to think of us first.....thank you, Allen aka Gadget

Gadget,

You can place classified ads just not in the forums.

Take a look here for the Family Motor Coaching classified ads instructions which can include publication in Family Motor Coaching magazine and online at FMCA.com.

http://www.fmcmagazi...advertising/117

If you want to look at the current classifieds follow this link and select your category:

http://www.fmcmagazi...ifieds/view-ads

I faxed an ad to FMCA magazine 45 days ago and two issues later my ad is not in it. I wonder what happen as I am playing by the rules and not giving the same opportunity as others. Thanks for the membership.

Ray,

Sorry but that is one of the problems with placing an ad in a magazine. Items, articles, letters to the editor and so on take at least 60 to 90 days to be published. Unfortunately it is a process that takes time.

I for one hope that you find good news on your family health issues and can get back on the road. Until then God bless and we will all keep you in our prayers.

Herman

Ray,

Good question. I pulled out the March 2016 FMCA Magazine. On page 116 is a "Classified deadline date by month"

Per that chart, what issue should your ad appear in the magazine based on the date you sent the fax?

Ray.

I know it's frustrating for you...but May sounds about right. It's got nothing personal with you to do. Just in the order it is received!

Sorry, Carl

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2010 at 7:37 AM, tmoning said:

Sorry, but solicitations to buy or sell of any kind are prohibited out of respect to our paying advertisers. This part of the forum rules includes, but is not limited to, soliciting money for non-profits and posting classified-type ads such as Craigslist.

A swap meet (for small items) or a skills trading area -- swap your skills for those of others -- may be considered in the future.

I think it has more to do with FMCA being more worried about losing the revenue from the payed ads in the magazine than any problem with big advertisers. Why is it nearly all the other forums on the web have a want ad/for sale area for the members, and they aren't losing money from paying advertisers.

Bill

May is correct as I finally got an answer.  It may be too late and I have to explain why the coach and toad is gone to callers.  Not like I can mark it sold as in RVT.com or Craigslist.  Anyhow it may get sold tomorrow as someone is coming very interested in both.  

Ray,

There again is one of the problems with placing an ad in a monthly publication. It take so long to set everything up. However I know you got a personal phone call from the President and he did his best to help you.

Now another problem. You say there is someone coming to look at the complete rig, coach and tow. I hope you have it sold. The problem is now there may be great interest from the magazine and you will be answering calls and having to tell the caller you have already sold the coach. But what the heck that is a good problem, no? 

Herman