Sign in to follow this  
tarheels293

No Power At Thermostat

Loaded up to take grand kids to the beach and no a/c. Thermostat won't even light up. Removed the thermostat, 4 wire rj11 cable, no power.

2009 Cheetah Safari, it has 3 roof units. Domestic, the thermostat is a 5 button duo-therm comfort control.

I replaced the control box which is located in the center unit. Still no power. I checked all three units for power all had 123 volts.. the front a/c has 2 rj11 cables. One of the cables are marked and I see the same marks on the cable at the control box. The other cable goes in the ceiling without a mark. I think this is the thermostat cable if so, I have power on this end but not the thermostat end. I know what you are thinking, well replace the cable, BUT there's a small cable from the front unit and a adapter then the wire to the thermostat. I hooked up the thermostat where the adapter is and still nothing. I know I have power supply there. 13.7v to be exact. I also checked the ground at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.    Font a/c # 630516.331j  same # for rear unit. Center unit #630035.331. thermostat was also replaced for fun.#3109228.01 5 buttons. I set the dip switches from the old CCC. I also pushed the button to try reset but nothing will come up on screen.....

Thanks again.      

Vincent Edwards

Vincent,

No AC but  Do the Fans run? on the units? There is a low voltage control issue and with all 3 units fans not operating  or no AC. The problem is at a point common to all of them. That kind of points to a common control point. From the information I have - it looks like all the unit have a 3 amp fuse and this size fuse is common size for a 12 volt DC circuit. the Flat telephone style cables are seldom used to supply any power just logic signals.

Link to a manual that might help, there is no real good information on how the 12 volt DC is distributed to each unit.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/dt_ac_hp_service_2012.pdf

Rich. 

I take it that your on shore power...are you getting the same results on generator?  123V in will on occasion trip my surge protector. 

Did any of the kids, turn on the "salesman switch"?

Pulled the cover off all three units and checked each 3amp fuse all checked good 13.7 to be exact. I all so checked it with gen running same thing. No fans no nothing, not even a  back ground light in the thermostat. Yes salesman switch bit me a long time ago now even if I have any thing go wrong I check that switch.FIRST,lol.......I'm going to leave it alone for a couple of days and go back and check every thing again. It's right there and I'm over looking something. OBVIOUSLY 🤔 

Found the problem in the new cable installed from front a/c to thermostat. you CANNOT use phone cable, unless you change the ends on this cable to match the same color as the rj11 cable. You will need to get phone cable and look at the end to understand. Boy I learned something this go round.......thanks for all the information guys, again I love this forum and the people in it.........and just a small piece of advice, when it starts to get on your nerves, just walk away, have a great day....vince