epstep

Financing A MH

I would recommend Sterling Associates.  We got financing through the dealer when we bought our current motor home.  At FMCA in Redmond, OR the next summer we talked to Eric Ramitowski from Sterling.  Sterling arranges loans for you.  They work with many banks and groups that make loans for RV's, boats and airplanes.  We had a very good experience with Eric.  That loan has remained a good deal throughout the length of the loan.

When we arranged the loan, we were in California.  Eric was at their southwest office in Mexia, Texas.  He sent us one offer.  It had a clause that would have allowed the lender to demand full payment on the loan at their request.  I said I wasn't comfortable with that clause.  He found another lender, no demand clause.  We agreed.  They sent the paperwork.  We had everything notarized at a bank in San Andreas, CA.  The paperwork was shipped off and from there we scheduled automatic payments.  It was as easy as something like that could be.

You can do some searching on your own and still contact Sterling.  They don't charge you, at least they didn't in 2004.  See what they can do for you.

epstep,

WAPC, you should have no problem getting it financed, just where to get the best credit, and John should have no problem finding you a good rate. (If John is still there).

Good Luck,

Herman

By all means, look into Essex Credit.  It is a single bank, Bank of the West.  You can chase around to many different loan companies and banks getting quotes.  Sterling Associates is a broker.  They know the market and can tap into financiers you would never find.  You should at least give them a chance to get you a quote or several quotes to compare with those you find on your own.  They do not charge you for this service.  They get paid by the financing institution and you get the best rate financing they can find for you.  If it doesn't beat what you find on your own, that is fine, go with the best deal you can find.

Only question I have:  Are you right side up on your current loan?  In other words, Is your current coach worth more than the balance or pay off ! :)

I concur with Essex Credit (which is a subsidiary of Bank of the West) as a good place to get financing.  They had the best (i.e. cheapest) terms when I purchased my motorhome two years ago.

Unfortunately I am on the downside if my current MH.  Its funny that I did get in touch with Essex they asked for some info and I haven't been able to get in touch with them   The dealer I am dealing with Northside RV in Lexington KY were able to get me a decent deal/