twolf3820

Water Pump Keeps Running

Does water come out of the hose when the pump is on?  Mine did and the problem was the check valve at the hose connection on the coach.

Water dies not come out of the hose when the pump is on but not connected to water faucet. 

Where would this micro switch be located? On the pump or where?

Do you have a filter on the suction side of the pump?  If so it may be restricted, preventing water to reach the pump.

Jim

2 hours ago, abyrd said:

Do you have a filter on the suction side of the pump?  If so it may be restricted, preventing water to reach the pump.

Jim

Jim, good point - wonder if a inline valve got turned in the water line connection the pump to the water tank? or the bypass valve for filling the water tank from city water was left open - The pump will just keep running with no pressure build up !!!

Rich.

Twolf,

Look at the end of your pump. There is a black plastic housing with water in and water out. The pressure switch is in the housing. Look for the red wire and black wire going into the housing.  There you will find the switch. 

Herman 

Check the inlet of the water pump to make sure that the PEX is firmly attached to the pump. Other fittings could be checked also.

Friend had a brand new MH and it would not pump water. The only problem was that the hose fitting on the pump was not firmly on.

Happened to me 4 days ago.  Had disconnected from city water, got distracted and forgot to turn water valve too " in house"! :o It's a 2 way ball valve. 

Twolf,

Just another thought. I know that you checked the City Water/Fill valve. If you can check and see if the ball valve if moving as you return the valve to the city water position. I may be stuck and the handle is moving but the ball may not be moving. Or you may have a ball valve that is not completely closing or just leaking. 

As I said,just another thought.

Herman

Really can't see the actual ball valve. Tiffin has it hidden behind a plastic "make it look pretty" cover. However, when going from fill tank to city water there is a noticeable sound difference. When filling the tank, I can hear the water. But on the city water, there is no rushing water sound. 

Going to go after the micro switch next. Will I have to drain the tank in order to remove the pump?

On 6/29/2017 at 1:02 PM, Twolf3820 said:

Keeps running at full speed. Last long time I let it run was for little over an hour.

When it is running full speed is it pumping water?

Twolf,

When you drain the tank I suggest that you install a Ball Valve shut off between the tank and the pump. This will allow you to work on the pump in the future without draining the tank and make other repairs to the water system. I have had a bad check valve in my pump where my tank would overflow due to the city water flowing back through the pump. Shut off the valve, finished our trip and repaired the check valve upon return. But remember to turn it back on when you disconnect from the city water. :wub: The DW might  will not understand when she doesn't have water.

Herman

Hello Everyone new here, but I have had this happen also when there is a bypass kit on the water heater and the valves are turned wrong way and my water was just circulating in the system? 

In re reading this thread I had the thought, Have you checked to see if you have water to the pump? Does it pump water?  I hate to bring it up but the pump may be bad The motor can run but the pump part may be bad. 

Bill