cwswine

Indy Rally

We are driving to Indy for the show part and we will be looking for a braking system for our new TOAD 2017 Grand Cherokee.  I assume most of the big names in braking system will be there but my question is do they sell at the show and do they have inventory that you can bring home with with you?  Do they have show pricing?

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

M&G will be there and may be able to do installations there. Of course it will depend on your coach. 

Lloyd or Monty should be there.

Herman 

We not bring out coach.  It would be a 1400 mile round trip plus camping and fuel cost we figured for just a few days we drive our car up for less than half the cost of bring the coach.  We're interested in RVI3, Brake Buddy and Blue Ox.

By the time you pay for Hotel/Motel, restaurant food, other refreshments and day or day/night pass at Rally...cost level about the same, comfort zero! :blink:

Camping?  Fuel cost?  Where you planning on saving $$$ by buying a DP? :wacko: 

21 hours ago, cwswine said:

We not bring out coach.  It would be a 1400 mile round trip plus camping and fuel cost we figured for just a few days we drive our car up for less than half the cost of bring the coach.  We're interested in RVI3, Brake Buddy and Blue Ox.

I didn't buy a coach to save a few dollars on a trip. I bought it because that is the way I want to travel. I went to Chandler Az this spring I might have saved some money by taking the car and staying in hotels but I doubt it. Who says you have to go straight there and straight home? We spent over a week going and two weeks coming home. With stops in The Grand Canyon, Albuquerque, Santa Fe. and Amarillo.

Bill 

Take a good look at M & G, you would like it's ease of hooking up.

I have it on my Jeep and really like it.

Chuck

4 hours ago, manholt said:

By the time you pay for Hotel/Motel, restaurant food, other refreshments and day or day/night pass at Rally...cost level about the same, comfort zero! :blink:

Camping?  Fuel cost?  Where you planning on saving $$$ by buying a DP? :wacko: 

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I didn't buy a coach to save a few dollars on a trip. I bought it because that is the way I want to travel. I went to Chandler Az this spring I might have saved some money by taking the car and staying in hotels but I doubt it. Who says you have to go straight there and straight home? We spent over a week going and two weeks coming home. With stops in The Grand Canyon, Albuquerque, Santa Fe. and Amarillo.

Bill 

I'm not sure why anyone would go to rally with a coach and park in a big field with bunch of other RV crammed together on questionable power source and no shade and even pay a premium price to do it.  I would much rather go to place with trout stream behind my coach and trees to park under and for the same amount of money I can do 10 days or more.  If I didn't need a toad braking system and couple other products I wanted to checkout I wouldn't waste my time going. I have talk to a lot people with FMCA ovals on the back of their coach and about half were no longer members and most of them stated that if you don't go to rallies then FMCA has nothing much to offer.  As you can see I'm not big fan of Rallies.

I going just for the vendors and that's only 10 bucks a day and two nights in hotel and we head back home get ready for our month long trip to Washington state and down the west coast.