oscarpower

San Francisco International Airport

Question

We will be driving thru San Francisco, but will have to stop at the airport to pick up our son.  We have a 28' class C with tow.  Would anyone know if we can go with the motorhome into arrival areas of the airport, or are there low clearance sites?  If we should leave the motorhome outside and go in the tow car, would anyone know if there is a Walmart, Cracker Barrel or shopping center nearby, where we can park the RV while we go p/u our son?

Thank you,

Jocelynn and Oscar Power

Gainesville, FL

11 answers to this question

DD.  X2 :)

Arrival Terminal at any major Airport is a crowded disaster and they don't allow you to sit and wait.  Circling in a car is doable, any class RV? Forget about it !

I would NEVER take an oversize vehicle into the airport. When you are there look at the buses they are all short wheelbase purpose built. 

Why not find a RV park in the area.

Bill

There is a large shopping center on El Camino Real just north of I380.  This is just a little west of the airport, between 101 and I280.

There is also Candlestick RV Park.  It is about 10 miles north of the airport off 101.  

Thank you to Mesaloose!  That is just the answer I was looking for!  I will look up that shopping center.

As for Walmarts, I had already researched that option and there are non nearby.

The days before we're staying at a c/g one hour south and after the airport we're going N to Napa and didn't want to go S one hour, again.

So, thanks and happy travels!

Jocelynn W Power

Just a thought/ your RV is towed and impounded for$$$$ to get it back, and possibly damaged in the process, while you are on the way to and from the airport. Your son could contact you via cell phone and take a cab to your location. 

55 minutes ago, obedb said:

Just a thought/ your RV is towed and impounded for$$$$ to get it back, and possibly damaged in the process, while you are on the way to and from the airport. Your son could contact you via cell phone and take a cab to your location. 

That  is the best solution.

Bill

Have son take a shuttle to one of the car services and when you circle the airport pick him up.

I'm not sure about SF but Houston has waiting areas that people park in and when called go to the pickup area. Only concern I would have is Height Restrictions. Someone in that area could tell you about that.

Wayne, your right about Bush  International, but I would not take my coach into arrival area...I'm higher than the yellow bar that hangs over the onramp at Terminal C ! :huh::wacko: