wrmfazio

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Wayne, my old system could not be hard wired, if it charged longer than 5 hours it could damage the unit. 

The pressure pro system saved me twice, one a failed valve stem extension and another time the tread was coming off an inner dual.

I installed the new system today, so far I like it and it works on the Toad along side of the factory sensors. 

First trip out with EEZTIRE TPMS. So far I'm impressed!

When you begin to move it starts displaying each tire pressure and temperature and will automatically scroll through the coach and Toad tires continually. When I got to our destination I had no false alarms (or in route) for us this was a first since we had Pressure Pro. More importantly no false alarms at 2am!!

I do not have the repeater and had no problems picking up the Toad sensors. I really like the mounting options and different bracket configurations it came with, so mounting it was simple to the instrument trim existing holes.

We ended up purchasing the TireMinder SMART (with iPhone app) for $320.  It has worked flawlessly (local driving and now on our first real trip) although I did need a good amount of help (not very mechanical handy, but learning, a lot) to have signal extender properly installed.  Once installed, the setup has been very easy and again working beautifully, highly recommended.

Thanks again to all for input and guidance.

Skip

2014 Allegro RED

On 6/27/2017 at 7:05 PM, fagnaml said:

I've had the Tire Minder system for two years and have had no problems.   I purchased the TM77 system (which came with six transmitters), the Rhino signal booster and four additional transmitters.  Total cost was ~$700.  I asked for nothing but money from the wife and kids for Christmas two years ago to cover most of the cost.

TM-77 system --> https://tireminder.com/tire-pressure-monitoring-systems/tireminder-tm-77

Rhino Signal Booster --> https://www.amazon.com/TireMinder-Rhino-Signal-Booster-Strength/dp/B06XZ13LRB/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1498604508&sr=8-12&keywords=tireminder

Transmitters --> https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Brass-Transmitters-TireMinder-TMG400C/dp/B00HAMP79K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1498604678&sr=8-4&keywords=tireminder+tpms

+1 on Tire Minder.  Worth every penny.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:33 PM, f173715 said:

Dear all : 

I've owned a Class C, and two class A's.  Perhaps I drive fast and take chances, but none have had a TPMS, and I have 90k + combined.  Reading the 'false alarm' in the threads above not sure I want to add to the other false alarms that keep me awake at night like the smoke detector and carbon monoxide.  I had one tire go down -- due to a faulty stem valve, which left me stranded for around 8 hours waiting for a qualified repairman.   This coach is the first one where it looks like I have to replace the tires, thankomg Michelin for the XRV sidewalls not lasting five years. 

If you unknowingly (no TPMS warning) operated the tires at significant loss of air, that is not the fault of the tire company.

I bought Tire Traker system after review of features.

Easy set-up (15 to 20 min max), replaceable sensor batteries, Lifetime warranty and no power cables to monitor along with multiple warning levels had me sold.

I especially like the "Morning Reset" mode that gives me readings without having to move the coach to get readings. Just turn on, hit buttons and 15 to 20 min later after i finish my coffee I have my tire pressure readings.

I have a new post on my blog scheduled for Tuesday on how I program my TPMS.