Sign in to follow this  
Pungoboy64

Rear Roof A/C Cycles Too Often

My rear air conditioner on my 2002 Holiday Rambler Ambassador seems to keep going on and off too often.  When it comes on I hear the fan start and then the compressor will kick in.  It is blowing cold air but will cut off after about 2 or 3 minutes and then will start again after 3-4 min.  What could cause this to happen?

Is it ducted?  Are forward vents open, bedroom vents closed-- that should help if you have ducted air.

Bedrooms are very small. Depending on where the temperature sensor is, it can cause short cycling. Be sure the vents are not aimed at the sensor.

Jim, Correct on the dual zones. Could one be set on one temp and one set on another. Even though you have two zones they are still both ob the same compressor. Pungoboy check both zones and set them on the same temp or turn one off and see if that makes a difference.

Herman

Thanks to all, I do have 2 separate units with 2 thermostats that are both ducted, I did have a vent aimed toward the bedroom thermostat so I redirected it and that  made a big difference.