TandCAllegro

Liquid Spring Suspension

Considering doing aftermarket suspension upgrade to the Liquid Spring "CLASS" system. Going on the Ford F53 chassis on a 34 ft. gas motor home. Anyone have experience with this product?

TandCAllegro,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, I drove a 2015 Ford chassis 34' coach with the Liquid Spring rear suspension at the Chandler FMCA Convention.  Extremely impressive.  Significantly reduced sway, bounce and softer ride.  And, we PUSHED IT HARD, as most coaches handle fine when driven "grandma style".

If you will be at the Indianapolis convention, the guy presenting the Suspension Seminar (yes, I normally do it, but our extended family is taking my dad for a cruise for his 100th birthday, so will not be in Indianapolis) is Wayne Wells, who works for Liquid Spring.  Doubt there will be much of a sales pitch in the Suspension Seminar, but get to know Wayne and hopefully, he will have a coach like yours that you can drive at the convention with the Liquid Spring suspension.

I was with Brett when we test drove the coach in Chandler.  I pushed it much harder than I drive my own coach.  Very impressed with the way it handled.  I would like to install the system on my diesel pusher on all four corners (it is only available for the rear and is replacing leaf springs) however they had an ambulance at the factory that had all four corners converted and I went for a ride and was extremely impressed.  Maybe next year for all four corners and for diesel pushers.  Had a discussion about that with the man in charge.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, TandCAllegro said:

Considering doing aftermarket suspension upgrade to the Liquid Spring "CLASS" system. Going on the Ford F53 chassis on a 34 ft. gas motor home. Anyone have experience with this product?

Thanks for the input on driving a rig that had them installed.

Has any Class A Motor Home owners put them on their rig?  If so, has is it going since you had the Liquid Spring system on for a while.

Terry

On 7/9/2017 at 9:13 PM, TandCAllegro said:

Thanks for the input on driving a rig that had them installed.

Has any Class A Motor Home owners put them on their rig?  If so, has is it going since you had the Liquid Spring system on for a while.

Terry

The Liquid Springs for the back suspension are available for many gas chassis models.

Replacements for the front suspension are in the works.

Rich 

I just wrote up a series of articles about switching out the rear suspension of my Tiffin Class A motorhome to the LiquidSpring system.  If you're interested, here are the links:

https://openroadscapes.com/blog/2017/10/14/from-springs-to-liquidspring-part-1-why-and-why-not

https://openroadscapes.com/blog/2017/10/17/from-springs-to-liquidspring-part-2-the-transformation

https://openroadscapes.com/blog/2017/10/21/from-springs-liquidspring-part-3-road-test

-- Bill

The Henderson’s Line-Up crew (and their SuperSteer manufacturing division) recently wrote about their experience installing the LiquidSpring adaptive suspension system on a 2016 Tiffin Allegro, including details about the installation and before/after test results (http://www.supersteerparts.com/blog/2017/11/liquid-spring-rv-test/). There’s a lot more detail in their article than in my earlier blog posts about this mod, but their observations are very similar. The biggest difference was seen in their measurements of ride harshness over potholes and large bumps, as shown in the graph below. The LiquidSpring-modified coach showed a substantial improvement in shock and vibration; surprisingly, the same coach equipped with their typical suite of rear suspension mods (more and better sway bars and shocks plus a trac bar) actually had a harsher ride than an unmodified coach! Their final recommendation is to combine the LiquidSpring rear suspension with the usual assortment of front end enhancements (including Koni shocks, Sumo Springs, and a Safe-T-Plus) . . . this is essentially how my 2017 Tiffin Allegro 32SA is currently outfitted (see https://openroadscapes.com/blog/2017/10/21/from-springs-liquidspring-part-3-road-test).

graph.jpg

Yes, I read it...in my issue! :)

Since I have a DP 45' coach, my only interest is in answering someone's questions!

Why do we only hear from you every 9 months and only about LS?

1 minute ago, manholt said:

Yes, I read it...in my issue! :)

Since I have a DP 45' coach, my only interest is in answering someone's questions!

Why do we only hear from you every 9 months and only about LS?

Sorry, manholt, I just thought the new article was appropriate for this discussion thread, especially since it was in an FMCA publication.  Perhaps I need to clarify that I have no association with LiquidSpring and also that my blog is not monetized.

I usually come to the FMCA forums to find answers for technical questions and opinions on mods and repairs -- this is a great resource.  

I have a 2017 Tiffin 32SA Open Road and I am looking at the Liquid Springs for improve ride.

I have installed Sumo Springs and a Safe Plus Stabilizer and there were improvements after installation but the ride over a rough highway was still a rough ride.

I have not replaced the factory shocks.

I drive 65 to 70 mph when the road surface  and speed limit allow. When trucks pass it is not a real concern some movement. but manageable..

How does the Liquid Springs ride compare to an air suspension ride? 

I have never driven or been a passenger in an air suspension coach.

Webb

14 minutes ago, mrweaw5447 said:

I have never driven or been a passenger in an air suspension coach.

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend going for a couple of test drives. That way you will have some experience to make comparisons.

Bill 

Have you driven a coach with "Liquid Springs"?  I agree with WBill, ride first & then buy!  IMHO, nothing wears you out faster than a coach that does not ride & handle well.  Your half way to comfort with the STP, I have had that on all my gas coach's, except for one.  I put it on my diesel coaches and now they just came out with a model that works on IFS.