rhodesia

Banks Powerpack For 1999 6.8L V-10 Ford

I have a Motor Home on a Ford F-450 super duty frame it is a 1999. There is a Banks powerpack which came with the motorhome or from Ford because their logo is on it anyway.

I changed the Banks air filter and installed a new one, when I went to drive it its seem I have lost power when trying to drive it. It feels like it's not getting any air intake. when I do get enough speed it seems to drive ok, but when you come to s stop and take off again it has no power and you start driving about 15 miles an hour.

This did not happen before I replaced the air filter, it drove fine had no issues, but only after I had changed the air filter. can anyone help me? My owners manual does not go into detail all it does is show you how to replace and install a air filter.

Thank you

Rhodesia,

Welcome to the Forum.

How does it preform when you remove the filter and drive with out it?. Try putting the old filter back on and see how it does. What you may have is just a defective filter.

Herman

Rhodesia, Welcome to the FMCA Fourm !

When you replaced the air filter did you make Sure the hose(s) between the filter and the carburetor where tight and the clamps installed properly?

There is a MAP sensor(Mass Air Flow sensor) in the system that needs to read the proper air flow for a good fuel to air mixture.

Rich. 

The Banks System is a after market item and is not part of Ford.  Are the original owner?   

Did you remove the plastic wrapper from the new filter? 

all electric connections and hoses reconnected after the filter was installed?