poohbear7278

New Members

Hello everyone, the wife and I are new members here, seems like a great group, we are in our fifties and are empty nesters and really enjoy RVing. My wife and I both come from RVing families so it's in our blood just carring on the tradition I guess. We really enjoy going to the beach so if we can find a campground on the beach we are there.

We bought a older Safari Serengeti that's in good shape and it fits our needs perfectly. After starting with a tent then pop ups and travel trailers and 5th wheels, we really like the coach I think it gives you a lot more freedom, anyways just wanted to say hello and proud to be a member of this fine group.

Hope to see you soon.

Hello All, new to RV'ing. We are 2 widowed ladies , a cat and a dog . we bought a 2001 31' Fleetwood Storm. So far we have traveled to Florida from Texas and back. The motorhome has AUTOBRAKE !!  Hate that. We have had it in the shop twice because of the Green Switch and now the actuator leaking. When we get this repair done we will travel to Oregon and back. I am looking forward to the trip, we have purchased a toad and a car dolly. We are 63 and 69 years old, one leg on one of us makes everything a bit of a challenge but we get it done as they say. Happy trails to everyone, wish us luck.

Sharon and Linda

Sharon & Linda,

Welcome to the Forum again. Sorry to each of you for your losses. Nice to hear that you will be seeing this great country. Take your time, enjoy everything along the way. Remember to go up one way and return by another route. Same trip but twice the things to see.

Herman

For both our new members, welcome. 

Poohbear, you should come to south Texas, there is a great full service campground just across the street from the south tip of South Padre Island.  Isla Blanca County Park is just a short walk to the beach.  It's a great place to spend the winter if you like the beach!  Windsurfing, deep sea fishing, and seafood restaurants are just a few of the attractions.

A tip of the hat to Sharon and Linda.  We have known a number of women who have taken on the RV lifestyle and enjoyed it.  We'll wish you more than just luck, we hope you find your trips to be filled with the same enjoyment that we have.

4 hours ago, SharonLinda said:

Hello All, new to RV'ing. We are 2 widowed ladies , a cat and a dog . we bought a 2001 31' Fleetwood Storm. So far we have traveled to Florida from Texas and back. The motorhome has AUTOBRAKE !!  Hate that. We have had it in the shop twice because of the Green Switch and now the actuator leaking. When we get this repair done we will travel to Oregon and back. I am looking forward to the trip, we have purchased a toad and a car dolly. We are 63 and 69 years old, one leg on one of us makes everything a bit of a challenge but we get it done as they say. Happy trails to everyone, wish us luck.

Sharon and Linda

Welcome to the forum Sharon and Linda. What part of Texas are you from? 

Bill

Well 'fellow travelers', my wife and I sold our last Airstream, our 3rd since 1993, and we bought a new 2017 Thor Tuscany 45'er in May. We will be retiring in June 2019, and we are seriously looking at full-timing. Our RV travels since 1993 have averaged 7,240 TOWED miles/yr and 48 nights/yr. That's with both of us working full-time! We are looking forward to the various Forum columns on FMCA and understanding the different issues pertaining to motorcoach RVing. We're already getting acquainted with the difference between towing a 30' Airstream to driving the Coach and towing a 2104 Ford Fusion Hybrid, especially when it comes to choosing campgrounds and sites therein!!

3 hours ago, CHARLIE8210 said:

Well 'fellow travelers', my wife and I sold our last Airstream, our 3rd since 1993, and we bought a new 2017 Thor Tuscany 45'er in May. We will be retiring in June 2019, and we are seriously looking at full-timing. Our RV travels since 1993 have averaged 7,240 TOWED miles/yr and 48 nights/yr. That's with both of us working full-time! We are looking forward to the various Forum columns on FMCA and understanding the different issues pertaining to motorcoach RVing. We're already getting acquainted with the difference between towing a 30' Airstream to driving the Coach and towing a 2104 Ford Fusion Hybrid, especially when it comes to choosing campgrounds and sites therein!!

I hope that information will still be available to you after FMCA changes there business from being about Motorhomes to being about any old RV of any kind.  The vote is coming up and I can assure you that the fix is in.  It is going to happen and FMCA is going to drop Family and Motor Coach to become an association using FMCA with no words associated with those letters.  FMCA will just become another Good Sam trying to appeal to everyone everywhere which we all know is impossible.

At least Charlie 8210 will be able to  answer those questions about towables while some of the motorhome genius's will be able to answer his questions.:) Welcome to the forum Charlie, I would like to wish you and DW many happy tales and trails!:wub:

On our 'shakedown cruise' from Elkhart back to UT, we took in 2 FMCA Rallies; Wisconsin Badgers and Thor Diesel Club's inaugural Midwest Region Rally. We had a great time at both and listened to a lot of 'war stories'. At the Badger's Rally, most of the people we talked to seemed unenthusiastic about the proposed change. The Thor Diesel Club has already stated to the membership that, regardless of FMCAs vote, they will NOT take towables as either members or Rallyers. It seems to me that I read somewhere that individual Chapters will have that same right, but the wording of the Amendment did not address it.  In any event, we will vote NO!

CHARLIE8210.  As on another post.  Welcome!

Let's hope that this time, more than 1% of the membership will VOTE !  One vote per F#