rayin

Overwhelming Emails

When I joined the FMCA  website I made my choices for what I would receive by email. Seems like every day I continue to receive emails that i had de-selected in "manage your preferences" each of the last 4 weeks. Furthermore when I re-visit the Manage your choices webpage everything is checked again, and I must repeat the process. What's going on?

UPDATE:  I just turned off everything under "My settings", hope that works.

I was getting sick of it too so I turned the first option off of no emails.  I don't have time for spam mail and will be deleted without reading anyway.   

We seem to have to very different issues being discussed here.

The OP asked about e-mails of Forum posts  (An individual's choice-- BTW, I selected and get ZERO e-mail alerts about new Forum posts . Instead, I have this set up as a favorite): http://community.fmca.com/discover/unread/

AND

E-blasts of ads by FMCA.

So, if posting, please identify which you are referring to.

Brett. 

I get on average, 2 ads a day, from FMCA Commercial members, that I have not solicited.  I also get random FMCA mailings in regards to Indy! 

Carl

I'm like Brett with no emails or notifications of web changes.

I go to the fmca.com web site click on forum and click on unread content.

Brett's method is faster as a direct link to the unread content. Hmmm!

I can't remember the last time I got an e-mail from FMCA or any anyone who might run an ad in the FMCA magazine.  Now, if I could get rid of all the Groupon E-mails, that would be awesome!

Perhaps some day I will learn how to navigate. I discovered I had been deselecting things in the forum, when those unwanted emails originated from the basic FMCA preferences for what I choose to receive. I still can't get the unwanted emails to stop, but eventually, with persistence, I may succeed.

Being a new member has its issues..

Great deals available from Groupon.  I get cheap oil changes and other deals but I get at least 1 offer per day.  Way too much.

7 hours ago, RAYIN said:

Perhaps some day I will learn how to navigate. I discovered I had been deselecting things in the forum, when those unwanted emails originated from the basic FMCA preferences for what I choose to receive. I still can't get the unwanted emails to stop, but eventually, with persistence, I may succeed.

Ray,

Yes, choosing whether to get all, some or none of the new posts on the FMCA Forum sent to you by e-mail is a preference you choose. Again, I selected zero 7 years ago and get zero.

Choosing whether or not to get ads and notifications from FMCA HQ by e-mail is and always has been a choice (and always a separate one from your choice on the FMCA Forum.  Every e-blast has a "You can unsubscribe" option.

Problem with unsubscribing, is that if your a National Officer, that kills all communication, so I get nothing on EB meetings!  :angry::wacko:

Yes sir Mr. Wolfe10, I don't want to stop everything so I didn't unsubscribe, some emails contain valuable information.  I was having the issue of deselecting ads  and CG emails, then next day everything was checked again.

I hope this finally solved itself, or I finally found the right buttons, because I didn't receive any ads,CG emails, promotions, etc from FMCA today.

Looks like I confused things. I'm talking about getting emails from HQ, not the forums. I didn't solve my issue of getting "junk" emails yet. Today I got an email from FMCA on behalf of " Explore Florida at Silver Palms RV Resort", although I have deselected getting advertising and CG information by using the "manage your preference" at the bottom of the email. I deselected it again today, I just checked and everything is checked again.

Perhaps I should phone membership at HQ and ask for help on their end?

hyco2000.

I have called and sent mail to FMCA several times in the past year, about the unsolicited mail, deaf ears! Would love to know, how much $$$ is generated on the SPAM ?

Most email programs have rules that can be set to send a specific email to the junk box. Works for me.

Many email programs work so that if you drag the email to the junk box it remembers that operation and the next time that type email comes in it will go to the junk box.

On the other hand, I just hit the delete button.

I got some more today as well as third party on FMCA behalf.  I have everything deselected in my settings and now have no choice be to report all as spam.  It needs to stop as I not only didn't just ask to stop the bad but all email.