So I've had my Class A 2018 Coachman Mirada for about three weeks and after staying at two different Motor coach resorts decided my Coachman isn't good enough (LOL)  I'm assuming I'm

going to get crushed trading it in????Any ideas?

Joeallied 

If you enjoy your RV, then by all means be proud of it. Regardless of where you go you will probably see something fancier with a much bigger monthly payment. Our coach is easily shamed by the fancy stuff we see, in spite of it's good condition. Our advantage/ Betty paid cash for it. I am just the driver😉.

2 hours ago, joeallied said:

So I've had my Class A 2018 Coachman Mirada for about three weeks and after staying at two different Motor coach resorts decided my Coachman isn't good enough (LOL)  I'm assuming I'm

going to get crushed trading it in????  YES!  Any ideas?  NO!

Joeallied 

So, so sorry.  The only thing that will fix this problem is a very deep pocket.

Is it not good enough because it doesn't allow you to keep up with the Jones or is it not good enough to meet your needs. Either way be prepared to lose a bundle on a trade in.

Any ideas?  It depends on you. If you can afford a huge financial hit then go for it, if not, you will need to suffer the consequences of making a wrong(?) decision.

You need to move to a new neighborhood!  Stay in an RV park instead of an RV resort.  Stopping in a few smaller parks will make you feel much better about what you have.  We travel all over the country staying in all kinds of parks.  We are frequently the "fanciest" rig in the park!  If you enjoy traveling and using your motor home you'll soon stop worrying about how big and fancy some of the other rigs are.  No matter what you have there will always be someone who has a bigger, fancier, newer rig than yours - unless you are incredibly wealthy.

Our coach will be 14 years old this November.  It has 163,000 miles on it and has given us an incredible number of grand adventures.  There a many coaches with fancier features, larger engines and other things we don't have.  We love our coach.

Funny story.  We were on a cruise around FIji, the Society Islands, the Marquesas and the Tuamotu Islands.  Pulling into one port there was a large industrial looking ship at anchor in the bay.  Taking a boat tour of the island we were informed that the large black ship anchored there belonged to a wealthy individual who had purchased it, an older icebreaker, and had the interior completely re-done.  It was a luxury yacht in industrial clothes!  You can't judge a book, a boat or an RV by it's cover! 

run it for two years and list what you want then up grade 

you may pickup a good used coach and not loose to much on trade 

Joe.

You dropped a bundle when you drove off the lot..:( Tom B. hit a home run!   4 years ago, I saw a new Tiffin Allegro Bus 44 foot in Hamerfest, Norway! :P 

I for one, am happy with what I have!  I'm not concerned about what others have, be it RV, boat, car or home...they probably live month to month on Credit Cards anyway! :lol:

Get what you need and want that fits your budget and life style.  We have friends that down sized from a Newell to a small Class B on a Mercedes chassis....no longer wanted the hassle of a big rig and all the 'stuff' that goes with it.

18 hours ago, joeallied said:

Joeallied 

When you say it isn't good enough what isn't good enough?  The looks or livability?  Looks can be changed.  My new to me 98 Discovery was very plain jane so immediately I had a full body paint job.  It changes everything including my perspective of the coach.  I have done a lot of other mods and updates so now it has some mods even the most expensive new coaches don't have.

Joeallied-   

Listen, don't pay any attention to what others think of your choices..... I just watched a YouTube video of your vehicle...it's very nice.  Why exactly don't you like it? 

Don't let others define you.... pointless. 

Fuel economy, drivability???  Has to be something?  Maybe you thought that you would like an RV and decided that it's not for you??

I wouldn't be embarrassed by the unit.... there's many people out there with more or less exotic RVs, that's just how it is.

YES, you will DEFINITELY be taking a huge financial loss if you sell it ... Keep it for a few years...use it... 

---Mark

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, joeallied said:

Joeallied 

Have to ask, are you trying to make a funny or are you serious? In what way doesn't it measure up?

Bill

Bill, yeah, doesn't make sense to me either...and yet, there are so many reasons why people regret the decisions they make

I hope for her case she can get past all of this and find some enjoyment from the purchase she made.  

---Mark

While you may be envious of others, far more are envious of your unit. Some of the ones driving a lot more expensive units than yours can be envious of your choice for many reasons. Were it I, I would drive it for as long as I was happy with my own decision and enjoy it to the limits. As Tom pointed out, you may want to visit some of the less expensive parks, and see how down to earth the vast majority live. Then when going back to the resorts, you can smile and think how lucky you should really feel.

He has posted a question in three different forums without ever acknowledging any of the responses.

Why some people are so inconsiderate is beyond me.

Well, that ends that.

Perhaps Brett will be kind and kill this!  I don't think  the OP is getting "Private communication" on this!

There are always better and worse rigs in every park. You will take a beating trading unless you can get the dealer you bought it from to let you trade up.   That way you don't take such a hit. My advice drive it for two years, live and learn,  then trade up.