prndl

Avoiding Chicago Traffic

Question

We are traveling WEST from Indiana on Rt 90/80 heading for Baraboo, WI.  Want to  go around Chicago, and return to I 90 W  into WI. Multiple routes on map, which are better to take?  

Thank you in advance for your input, 

Used last info posts for our trip  to PA , made for less stressful drive, Thanks again.  

2 answers to this question

I90 is my personal nightmare.  If you are trying to take that route, heading south (I assume) and around the city, your absolute best bet is to take 90 to the 294 tollway and use that to bypass the city (again going well off rush hour - which in Chicago is pretty much always! I can't stress enough DO NOT take 190 into the city!)  But I'm just guessing that you might be heading to Indiana.  No matter what route around Chicago just take a happy pill before hitting the road! Good luck!

Bill is spot on/ If you were on I-90 east bound and want to avoid Chicago Metro's horrendous traffic, the toll way around the mess is your only reasonable choice if you are headedi into Michigan or northern Ohio. Where are traveling to? Could be another way if we knew.