oldnewguy

Myrtle Beach campgrounds

I plan to go to Myrtle Beach in April and I will be with a 16-year-old, a 15-year-old, a 9-year-old, and a 2-year-old child. There are three campgounds side-by-side: Ocean Lakes Pirateland and Lakewood. All seem about the same price with different pools and activities. I am looking for advice from members who have been there. I will have no towed car and want the ocean. Thank you in advance for your help.

I plan to go to Myrtle Beach in April and I will be with a 16-year-old, a 15-year-old, a 9-year-old, and a 2-year-old child. There are three campgounds side-by-side: Ocean Lakes Pirateland and Lakewood. All seem about the same price with different pools and activities. I am looking for advice from members who have been there. I will have no towed car and want the ocean. Thank you in advance for your help.

Personally I have only stayed at Lakewood and Ocean Lakes. It has been awhile since I have stayed at Lakewood, since I keep returning to Ocean Lakes. Most of Lakewood's sites are backin and Ocean Lakes sites are pull thru. Ocean Lakes has concrete pads on some of their sites, this helps in keeping sand and dirt out of your camper. Sites with concrete pads are about $ 5.00 more per day. The ocean front sites are the HH section, H Section, I section and 2000 section. The Ocean Lakes sites are 50 amp & 30 amp electrical hookups, there are no trees on the ocean front sites, which works out better if you are using a satellite receiver for your TV. It really is just your preference, as Lakewood, and Ocean Lakes are both nice campgrounds. I am sure other campers prefer Lakewood, and still others prefer Pirateland, I just prefer Ocean Lakes. Maybe someone else can give you more information on Lakewood and Pirateland.

Ocean Lakes...for all the reasons above. Most of the new friends we've met are former Lakewood & Pirateland visitors. We go twice a year from CT for 2 mths stays in our 40' M/Home. The staff is wonderful. The paved sites are highly recommended. We just returned from O/Lakes two weeks ago. Returning in the fall. Suggestion: Most reservations require at least a years notice. Enjoy.

I say Ocean Lakes, with the age group difference. They have a wonderful kiddie pool area and then a larger pool for the older kids, also a game room for the teenagers. If you have a golf cart this will be great there.