mweiner

How Many Of You Are Roadtrek Owners?

Are there a lot of Roadtrek owners participating in the FMCA??

Or, is this a distinct minority from the many Class A and B RV owners??

Actually there is a very active Roadtrek group here in FMCA-- many of them park together at FMCA Conventions.

Maybe I'm wrong... I found a lot of miscellaneous entries for Roadtrek...but they're pretty old ...is there a current 2017 group discussion..? 

Plus, I discovered that many of these are on the gasoline coach, the 190 and 210... with completely different features... Old threads..   

Please send me a link to the most current discussion.... Maybe there's no people out there with a late model RS Adventurous?

Good day MWeiner,

I just joined so reading/replying older post...!

I own a Roadtrek Ranger RT (2014). Pretty much the same coach features than 190 but built on a more "cheaper" Chevrolet Chassis (Chevrolet Express Base 2500)...!

Cheers,

jgagauth

14 hours ago, jgagauth said:

Good day MWeiner,

I just joined so reading/replying older post...!

I own a Roadtrek Ranger RT (2014). Pretty much the same coach features than 190 but built on a more "cheaper" Chevrolet Chassis (Chevrolet Express Base 2500)...!

Cheers,

jgagauth

Good morning.. I'm somewhat familiar with your coach.. I have a friend who had a 190 Popular with the Dodge Ram and now has a 210 Popular with the Chevy platform... your coach is 20 feet right in between...

So, how long have you had it, what's your experience been with it?  Lot of miles? I saw your post about latches , yes, I recently had some replaced on my 2012..

I'm sure that the care and maintenance of your rig is a little easier than my diesel..? 

Did you purchase it brand new..we got ours used in May 2017.... Didn't want to take a huge depreciation hit on buying new.. just me... 

I looked up your model online, looks very nice.... has a wider interior aisle than my RS... think it's a 30 inch aisle.. mine is only 28 inches... space as you know on a Class B is everything...

Also, I think that your overall width of the coach is wider outside as well...? 

God day MWeiner,  

The Ranger RT is 20'4" bumper to bumper and the width is not extended. I purchased it in Feb 2016 (used) with barely two years usage and 35000 KMs (Approx 25000 Miles). I am slowly approaching 70000 KMs and so far no major issue (Normal TLC). As I have an interest into mechanic issue, I do most of the maintenance myself (Oil Change, Brakes, Etc...). Only if I cannot do something that I visit the Dealer/Car Shop. I am not sure about the aisle width (I don't think it is 30 in, but I will measure it next time I am inside the unit (presently winterized in Canada...!). My main issue now is I need new tires (yep only 70000Kms on it) but these tires were the original and GM do not sell these van with top-notch tires. (BFGoodRich)...! Probably looking at Michelin for next set this summer.

Things I Like:

- Easy to drive/park etc...

- GM Mechanic, easy to get serviced/parts

- Cheap on gas (more on this)

- Easy to setup in campground

- Love boondocking

- Big bed area

Thing I don't like so much...!:

- Small engine 4.8 Ltr, Feel underpower at time in hilly terrain. Fine on flat road. (Note: I keep the GVWR at 8100lbs although I could load 8600Lbs)

- I am not a big fan of the Self Support awning

- Hot water tank 2.5 gal. Only 120V (not propane) No by-pass valve (so for winterizing manually empty the tank and bring it inside home)

- Genny maintenance a PITA. Located under rear axle, not a fun place to work.

On 2/21/2018 at 6:17 PM, jgagauth said:

God day MWeiner,  

The Ranger RT is 20'4" bumper to bumper and the width is not extended. I purchased it in Feb 2016 (used) with barely two years usage and 35000 KMs (Approx 25000 Miles). I am slowly approaching 70000 KMs and so far no major issue (Normal TLC). As I have an interest into mechanic issue, I do most of the maintenance myself (Oil Change, Brakes, Etc...). Only if I cannot do something that I visit the Dealer/Car Shop. I am not sure about the aisle width (I don't think it is 30 in, but I will measure it next time I am inside the unit (presently winterized in Canada...!). My main issue now is I need new tires (yep only 70000Kms on it) but these tires were the original and GM do not sell these van with top-notch tires. (BFGoodRich)...! Probably looking at Michelin for next set this summer.

Things I Like:

- Easy to drive/park etc...

- GM Mechanic, easy to get serviced/parts

- Cheap on gas (more on this)

- Easy to setup in campground

- Love boondocking

- Big bed area

Thing I don't like so much...!:

- Small engine 4.8 Ltr, Feel underpower at time in hilly terrain. Fine on flat road. (Note: I keep the GVWR at 8100lbs although I could load 8600Lbs)

- I am not a big fan of the Self Support awning

- Hot water tank 2.5 gal. Only 120V (not propane) No by-pass valve (so for winterizing manually empty the tank and bring it inside home)

- Genny maintenance a PITA. Located under rear axle, not a fun place to work.

Hi and thank you for your reply, 

Our rig had 26,000 on it when we purchased it in May 2017.... and now have just under 40,000 miles...the last 11,000 miles were last fall on a USA trip... 

Are you able to take advantage of the FMCA's  program to get Michelin tires at a discount??  I purchased Michelin tires before I became a member...the Defender series is great..  actually, if you got over 40,000 miles on the first set, I think you have done well...

So, you're average miles per year are about 10,000 or so??

I changed my tires and batteries when I purchased the rig.. they were six years old.. didn't want to drive on old tires..

Easy on gas.. what's your MPG?  15 to 17 MPG??

Doest the 4.8 litre really struggle on hills... Aren't these your specifications below, why is it struggling ..? 

Engine Drivetrain

• Engine Type: 4.8 L, SFI V8
  • Horsepower: 285 Hp (213 K W)
  • Torque: 295 Ft. Lbs. (398 Nm)
  • Fuel Type: Gas
  • Fuel Tank Capacity: 31 Gal. (117 L)
  • Transmission: Automatic, 6-speed, Heavy Duty

Awning?? I have a manual awning on my rig..is that what you mean? 

Yes, the 2.5 gallon water tank is small, we actually have not used our shower.. prefer to go to campgrounds or hotels occasionally... very occasionally..  it's an option if we had to use it....at least you have a small window in the bathroom..we don't have that...

Our bathroom is also a wet bath and didn't want to deal with wiping down the water every time we used it, has this been a problem for you with moisture ??  

I have solar panels on the roof..we have used the generator, but, the solar works extremely well.. only need the generator for the boon docking to run the air conditioning or microwave... 

Yes, we have the rear king size bed..and use a mattress topper makes it very comfortable...we can't feel any seams..on the sofa...

We roll up the mattress topper and put it away during the day to use the living room...

My propane needs a service once a year.. it's under the chassis above the rear wheels... also hard to access..my RV mechanic services this for me.. and I do exercise it once a week for about 20 minutes ...

One thing we don't like is the heater and AC is a little noisy...

Have you experienced any high winds..we went through some areas with winds blowing 15 to 20 MPH and it was OK, but, anything higher I would have considered pulling over...

Otherwise, we love the RS Adventurous....drives nice and goes everywhere with ease... no slowing down on hills... ample power...

This is the vehicle we purchased... see link below, 

https://www.conejowholesaleauto.com/vehicle-details/f22d7e5afa634d388dbeffb59e9eb708

On 8/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, restless said:

Just joined FMCA.   My wife and I own a Roadtrek 2018 CS/XL Adventurous.

Great, welcome to the forum.

Bill

I just joined yesterday and am taking delivery on my "new" 2015 190P with just under 30,000 miles. I'll be putting about 2,00 miles on it (i hope :) ) in the next month driving around texas, and then home to North Florida.

12 hours ago, bwolfsohn said:

I just joined yesterday and am taking delivery on my "new" 2015 190P with just under 30,000 miles. I'll be putting about 2,00 miles on it (i hope :) ) in the next month driving around texas, and then home to North Florida.

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

I just joined today and purchased a 2014 Etrek in May and have been traveling in it since June. I absolutely love this vehicle and credit Mercedes and Roadtrek for an excellent design and quality. I've had minor issues very happy.

new to class B

The wife and I picked up a used 2006 Roadtrek RS adventurous with =70,000 miles now 73,000.

I can't believe the mileage we got with 2.7 turbo diesel on our trip to Arkansas to help the kids with or grandson so mom and dad 

could bring  his little brother into this world..🙂.    looking forward to the next trip.

4 hours ago, C-929412 said:

Dealer gave me a membership here....recently purchased a 2019 Zion SRT (2018 Ram Promaster).

Congratulations! 

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

4 hours ago, C-677946 said:

I'm a new , past, member who just rejoined FMCA, this time with a 2008 Roadtrek 210V.

Well welcome back!!!  I know where Little Valley, NY is I grew up in Westfield. 

Bill