Sign in to follow this  
jriedel

Removing Old Plasma TV

I have a 2003 Monaco Signature that has a 42" Plasma TV mid coach in the main slide beside a couch & above a cabinet. I need to replace the unit & I can not figure out how the TV was installed initially. It's in an angled cabinet that is on top of the cabinet countertop. I can see the 2 angle iron vertical supports that the TV is attached to but I don't know how it was assembled. HSig21.thumb.JPG.725089dd72aa2aae42b8e5c7557f20b1.JPGas anyone out there had to get into one of these before?

It appears there is a frame around the TV.  Look for screws on either side, possibly set back a bit, that would  hold that frame in place.  Usually 1 screw at top and bottom on each side which screw into blocks attached to the inside of the frame.  Also check inside the cabinet from underneath to see if you can see anything in that area but I suspect it is all accessible from the front.

While our coach is a totally different line, it is a Monaco product.  The cabinet for our TV had screws in the bottom which held the anchoring structure in place.  I would look at the underside of the counter-top on the cabinet below the TV.  Also, look around the frame, particularly on the right side.  That panel may be removable.  Any screws are likely to be hidden with covers of some kind.  If all examination fails to show a way to get into the cabinet I would call Monaco support and talk to a technical representative there.  Have your coach number ready when you call, it is the last six digits of your coach serial number, not the VIN.  Look for it in the technical specs on wall behind the drivers seat.  The contact number for Monaco is listed in your owners manual, 877-466-6226.

Agree with Bill, probably a frame around the tv, once the frame is removed, it may be as simple as lifting up on the tv. Be careful lifting, that size was heavier than the led models.

j,

Your unit appears to be flat mounted. From the picture there is a frame around the set that should be held in by several screws. Those screws should be covered by Wooden Button Plugs. The plugs can be popped out to reveal the screws. They are held in by just a drop of wood glue and in most cases come out easy. Be real careful in removing them so you can replace them when finished. After the frame is removed you should be able to see what method the TV is secured by.

Notice I used the word "should" more than once, we are talking about a motor home.

Heramn 

Kaye is right on about the weight of a 42" Plasma. We have one in our home. Still works perfectly, but is heavy. Can't bring myself to get rid of it.