gnmiller

Enclosed Motor Coach Storage In Houston

Does anyone know of a good, secure and enclosed motor coach storage facility in Houston, preferably from central to west side.  I have class A, 45 ft Newell that I would like to store.

I suggest you start with Google and be prepared to have your name placed on a waiting list, there aren't many 45-50ft enclosed units in the Houston area. I have a friend in northwest Houston who needs a 50ft unit and has been looking for over a year. Good luck.

There are none to be had in the Conroe/Lake Conroe area, Herman; I recently checked for my friend. He is on a wait list at Tall Pines for a 50 or 100ft, whichever comes available first. Of course its an hour north of his home but I think he must be on every wait list within 50 miles of his home. He is considering buying an unrestricted lot and building a building.

Not only the enclosed storage but covered storage as well is at a premium.  When we go off for 4 or 5 months we don't dare let the monthly rent lapse as we would not find a place when we returned.

RV Storage is like regular storage, you build it, they will come.

Campground around here are about the same. 

gnmiller --

Between Katy and Richmond is the Premier Boat & RV Storage facility that has enclosed storage buildings --> http://premierstoragetx.com/  Two years ago when I was looking for a spot for my motorhome Premier Storage has no spots available.  As such, I currently store my motorhome at the new Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage which is also between Richmond and Katy --> http://grandparkwayboatandrvstorage.com/    I pay $195 per month for a covered, 50 foot long space, which includes 110 volt power to keep batteries charged, operate the refrigerator, etc.  The folks at Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage are very accommodating. 

There is a new storage facility under construction a bit west of Rosenberg named Luxury Boat & RV Storage that will have 50 foot long enclosed storage spaces --> https://www.luxboatrvstorage.com/   This new storage facility should be open very soon.  When I called them a couple of weeks ago, the cost for a 50 foot space will be $295 per month which is a bit steep.  This new storage facility will have a wash pad and dump station which Grand Parkway and Premier Storage don't have.  Hence their higher cost is probably partly due to providing these services.

Since the covered 50 foot spots at Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage keeps my 39 foot motorhome in the shade all day, every day, I have little incentive to move to more expensive, a fully enclosed storage location.  Having said that, there are a few 45 foot motorhomes at the Grand Parkway facility that I've seen get some sun exposure on the south ends of those motorhomes during winter months (all of the storage spots are oriented north-south).   If I ever need a dump station near my home, for $5 I can use the one at the Love's Truck Stop at the I-10/Pederson Road interchange a couple of miles west of Katy (Pederson Road is the exit for Camping World, Holiday World and Ron Hoover RV Dealerships/Stores).  The street in front of my home is a great wash pad early on a Saturday morning.

Hope this helps!

36 minutes ago, fagnaml said:

gnmiller --

Between Katy and Richmond is the Premier Boat & RV Storage facility that has enclosed storage buildings --> http://premierstoragetx.com/  Two years ago when I was looking for a spot for my motorhome Premier Storage has no spots available.  As such, I currently store my motorhome at the new Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage which is also between Richmond and Katy --> http://grandparkwayboatandrvstorage.com/    I pay $195 per month for a covered, 50 foot long space, which includes 110 volt power to keep batteries charged, operate the refrigerator, etc.  The folks at Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage are very accommodating. 

There is a new storage facility under construction a bit west of Rosenberg named Luxury Boat & RV Storage that will have 50 foot long enclosed storage spaces --> https://www.luxboatrvstorage.com/   This new storage facility should be open very soon.  When I called them a couple of weeks ago, the cost for a 50 foot space will be $295 per month which is a bit steep.  This new storage facility will have a wash pad and dump station which Grand Parkway and Premier Storage don't have.  Hence their higher cost is probably partly due to providing these services.

Since the covered 50 foot spots at Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage keeps my 39 foot motorhome in the shade all day, every day, I have little incentive to move to more expensive, a fully enclosed storage location.  Having said that, there are a few 45 foot motorhomes at the Grand Parkway facility that I've seen get some sun exposure on the south ends of those motorhomes during winter months (all of the storage spots are oriented north-south).   If I ever need a dump station near my home, for $5 I can use the one at the Love's Truck Stop at the I-10/Pederson Road interchange a couple of miles west of Katy (Pederson Road is the exit for Camping World, Holiday World and Ron Hoover RV Dealerships/Stores).  The street in front of my home is a great wash pad early on a Saturday morning.

Hope this helps!

I pay $320 per month for the same thing in Phoenix. And that is with a 12 month contract!

I should have added that the Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage as of the July 4 weekend had two open 50 foot spaces.  I'd think the new Luxury Boat and RV Storage facility near Rosenberg would have open spaces since that facility is just now completing construction.

I pay $150 a month now. Nine years it was $95. That does include covered space and 110 VAC. It's whatever they can get away with and the supply and demand!

Thanks to everyone for some helpful information.  My Google search had not given many options so these two options will be helpful.  Gosh maybe this is an investment opportunity :) 

gnmiller,

If you are willing to store on the northside (Woodlands Area) you might try Free Eagle Storage.  It's a new facility and very nice and secure.  We have a 25' x 50' unit with 14' x 14' roll-up and a walkthrough door.  50 amp to each unit plus 15amp outlets.

Although we have a home garage for our coach we have the ability to park our coach there with no problem.  Currently we have a couple of cars, trailers and other equipment stored there.

Number is 281 771 5575

Blake

13 hours ago, gnmiller said:

Thanks to everyone for some helpful information.  My Google search had not given many options so these two options will be helpful.  Gosh maybe this is an investment opportunity :) 

You build it, they will come!

Check boat dealers, that's where I keep mine....20 x 50, with power, water and secured, with an employee living on the property.

I just have this picture in my mind of a boat storage unit where they use a fork lift and put the boat in a very large rack. The picture I am seeing is a 45 foot motor home being lifted by a really big fork lift and being stuffed into an even bigger rack.:wacko::lol:

Herman

On 7/14/2017 at 9:25 PM, fagnaml said:

gnmiller --

Between Katy and Richmond is the Premier Boat & RV Storage facility that has enclosed storage buildings --> http://premierstoragetx.com/  Two years ago when I was looking for a spot for my motorhome Premier Storage has no spots available.  As such, I currently store my motorhome at the new Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage which is also between Richmond and Katy --> http://grandparkwayboatandrvstorage.com/    I pay $195 per month for a covered, 50 foot long space, which includes 110 volt power to keep batteries charged, operate the refrigerator, etc.  The folks at Grand Parkway Boat and RV Storage are very accommodating. Here storage companies near me company G&J Moving.

Hope this helps!

how did you resolve the issue?

Storage, welcome!

Problem here, your expecting a reply from a 3year old post....you'll probably get some feedback, since things got a little wet in 2017/18!  I moved my coach from Blue Wave Storage in La Marque, had 2' of water in a 50' x 20' enclosed garage for a 47' 4" long coach....$285 a month!  After the Storm of 2017, 2' off water is pretty good since most got 4' to 8'!  I moved the coach to my girl friends (now wife) , 140' x 40' garage in the Hill Country!  Most of my friends, we all lived on Galveston Island, moved their RV's, 2 hours North and West.

If you hoover your mouse over "fagnami's avatar", you can send him a message!

Edited by manholt

Storage --

Welcome to the forum!  There are many great forum members willing to provide help at anytime.

I don't quite understand your question so could you add some additional clarity?  The G&J Moving Company link you provided is for the state of Virginia, not Texas where I reside. 

With regards to storing my motorhome, I continue to use the Grand Parkway Boat & RV Storage facility in Richmond, TX near my home for the on-going cost of $195/month for a 50 feet long covered storage space.   On some rare occasions I do wish the facility had more amenities than 120 volt, 20 amp power at each storage spot but when I spend time doing some minor maintenance I bring some drinks in a small cooler and a couple of snacks.   If mother nature calls, I make a quick 1/2 mile drive to an Chevron convenience store to answer the call. 

I still can not justify spending $295/month for enclosed storage in Rosenberg, TX that is several additional miles away from my home. 

Also, to get better responses and help from forum members, please create a "signature block" like mine or Carl's that provides info about your RV (motorhome, travel trailer or fifth wheel), tow vehicle or towed vehicle, where you are located, etc. 

Edited by fagnaml