gypsyken

CB radio

Letters in the July issue of MotorHome magazine address the use, or nonuse, of CB radio nowadays.  There is one in the coach I purchased new in 1993, and I used to have it turned on during travel, usually to channel 19, the channel then, at least, used by truckers, but I haven't thought to turn it on for some time now.  The letters reminded me, however, that FMCA used to recommend that its members use a particular channel, which I've forgotten.  Does FMCA still recommend use of a particular CB channel, and does anybody use it?

I will often turn ours on while traveling, especially if there is a traffic problem, although I don't usually hear much on occasion it has helped us determine if we should hop off the interstate and have a meal or sight see while traffic calms down.

1 hour ago, gypsyken said:

Letters in the July issue of MotorHome magazine address the use, or nonuse, of CB radio nowadays.  There is one in the coach I purchased new in 1993, and I used to have it turned on during travel, usually to channel 19, the channel then, at least, used by truckers, but I haven't thought to turn it on for some time now.  The letters reminded me, however, that FMCA used to recommend that its members use a particular channel, which I've forgotten.  Does FMCA still recommend use of a particular CB channel, and does anybody use it?

Channel 13 comes to mind. I think most of us turn to 19 because of the trucker talk.