My 02 Winnebago Journey has for some time been troublesome in regard to the awnings tendency to stop during extention and/or retraction.  At one point I replaced the original A&E Power awning because the motor was diagnosed as being defective and a replacement was not available because of Dometic's take over of A&E. The OEM awning was replaced with Dometic's Weather Pro 9100E.  The brand new unit was hooked to the original A&E control box.  (Bad Idea!!!)

From the start the awning did not work properly. I decided to replace the A&E control with one designed for the 9100E, but changed my mind when i determined how much they cost. ($260-300) I decided instead to eliminate the control box altogether and use two DPDT momentary reverse  polarity switches, (Amazon, DC Momentary Reversing Rocker Switch double pole double throw) ( one for the patio awning, the other for the door awning. The switch i am using is peak rating at 30 amp, twice the fused value of the awning requirements. I bypassed the Winny wiring harness and ran new 10 AWG lines to breaker in front electrical cabinet. I then removed and replaced the Winny switches which do not have sufficient amp rating to handle the job. Rewired the new switches (12 AWG)  direct to awning motor and door awning motor and reinstalled in original position to the left of passenger seat. Both motors now work with gusto from inside the coach and i am getting 13+- volts to the motors. 

If you have no need for the wind sensor or hand remote, or remote switch in storage, wire awnings direct for longer motor life and trouble free operation. Total expense for this project $ 40.00+-.  Be sure to adhere to Weather Pro's wire gauge recommendations and  add fuses at positive power before switches.