davidsteverson

Power Electric Cord

Greetings everyone. We just left the FMCA convention in Indy this morning and drove 73 miles down the road to Richmond, IN for a joint fulltimers, elks, military, triple T rally. When I arrived I went to the electric bay and hit the switch for my power cord to come out. Nothing happened. It's dead. It worked fine when I reeled it in this morning in Indy in preparation to departure but now it's dead. I pulled the cord out manually (and hope that didn't mess anything up).  We've been here 3-4 hours now and just tried again and it's still dead. Any ideas?  Thanks everyone. David. 

44 minutes ago, davidsteverson said:

Greetings everyone. We just left the FMCA convention in Indy this morning and drove 73 miles down the road to Richmond, IN for a joint fulltimers, elks, military, triple T rally. When I arrived I went to the electric bay and hit the switch for my power cord to come out. Nothing happened. It's dead. It worked fine when I reeled it in this morning in Indy in preparation to departure but now it's dead. I pulled the cord out manually (and hope that didn't mess anything up).  We've been here 3-4 hours now and just tried again and it's still dead. Any ideas?  Thanks everyone. David. 

David, can you hearer any noise when you activate the switch? I would start with looking for the fuse for it. There was a post not long ago about something similar, maybe you can do a search. Let us know what you find.

Bill

16 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

David, can you hearer any noise when you activate the switch? I would start with looking for the fuse for it. There was a post not long ago about something similar, maybe you can do a search. Let us know what you find.

Bill

No noise at all Bill. Total silence. Would the fuse be there in the compartment with the cord or maybe up with several other fuses near my generator on the front of the   MH?  Thanks. 

David,

Check in the front compartment. You should have a large panel of fuses. On our coach there is a list of fuses. I have seen other coaches with each fuse labeled. If neither get a test light and check each fuse. The fuse for your power reel should be live at all times. Be sure and check bot sides if the fuse. Hot both sides=good fuse. Hot one side dead on the other=bad fuse. 

Herman

36 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

David,

Check in the front compartment. You should have a large panel of fuses. On our coach there is a list of fuses. I have seen other coaches with each fuse labeled. If neither get a test light and check each fuse. The fuse for your power reel should be live at all times. Be sure and check bot sides if the fuse. Hot both sides=good fuse. Hot one side dead on the other=bad fuse. 

Herman

Thanks, Herman. I'll check the fuse box. How is Ms. Bobbie?  Are you still in Indy?

Are you sure that the pedestal is hot there may be an issue there . Do you have a circuit protector with the led lights to show the voltage at each leg ?

My mistake didn't read closely about your reel .

Michael

The power cord reel should be 12 volt DC, so look at the 12 volt fuses, you probably know this, but someone else may not.

55 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

The power cord reel should be 12 volt DC, so look at the 12 volt fuses, you probably know this, but someone else may not.

True, If it is the same as the one on the web site it will be a 20Amp.

Bill

Greetings everyone. Got up this morning and went out to the front compartment where the fuses are. I had bought a variety pack of fuses so felt confident I would have a replacement. I couldn't find one labeled for anything close to the electric hose reel so I went back to the electric bay again and started looking around. Found a loose wire and a place that it looked like should have a wire plugged in and didn't so I plugged it in and walaa it works fine. I think it was the ground wire. Thanks to everyone for their good suggestions. David.