bmiller260

Rubber Strip Around Slide-out Loose-- What Adhesive?

There is a small rubber strip attached to the wall of my Monaco Diplomat, that runs around the slide-outs. It's about a quarter inch wide. One section, about 3 inches long, is hanging loose from the exterior wall.

I want to glue this back into place, but am wondering if there's a particular type of adhesive that should be used. I don't want to damage the finish.

Any thoughts out there?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Elkhartjim said:

Z-6K_xfo5oy.JPG

Used  it building F-35 Joint Strike fighter so it ought to work on a RV.:D

Seriously the prep is the thing. Use a bit of scotch bright and some as acetone to clean both surfaces, clean and roughen the surface. Wearer appropriate protective gloves. Apply as instructed on the box. If it is vertical or overhead you could use some 1" blue tape (painter's tape) to hold it in place till it dries.

bmiller260, if you have any questions just ask.

Bill

The suggested Weather Strip adhesive is JUNK! Don't believe me just try it.... Sorry guys..no offense it really is! terrible. This might be hard to find but Wurth Automotive Products make a rubber adhesive that is easy to use and works very well. It is expensive. It acts like the tubber cement we played with in grade school. I cleans up like that to in the pre set stage aand then sticks like whit on rice!!!! It is of German manufacture. I have used it o my restorations for twenty years. If you can not find it PM me and I will tell you exactly how you might get it with out me sending you a can. Nothing works better!!!!

Wow, that stuff ought to be good! It must contain platinum, LOL:). I have used that 3M junk for more than 45 years, never had it give up prematurely yet.

It may be better but I haven't used it so I don't know. :D What I do know is most adhesives fail because of improper cleaning and surface prep. I have used the 3M product on 3 different airplane programs. 

Bill

25 minutes ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

I do not know How to do that Mr. Jim, that is supply the link or find it, would you kindly share the "How To"  Bill E

I did a Google search for the product. Went to that website. Highlighted the website address. On my Mac, I clicked command C which copied the address. Came back to this thread and in the reply area clicked command V which pasted it.

I hope I didn't confuse you even more.

To post a link:

Highlight and copy the link-- easy on another window.

Click on the "chain link"  symbol above (hoovering over it says "link").

Paste the link.

Click "insert into post.

To copy anything in windows, the simple way is to highlight what you want to copy, best method, place the mouse pointer at the end of whatever you want end of what is to be copied, press the left button and move to the left turning the text blue till you get to the beginning of what is to be copied, release the left button, now press and hold Ctrl on keyboard, press the letter C then release both keys. Now you can go to where you want to paste the text and again press Ctrl and the letter V. I have always found it much easier than choosing edit then clicking copy or paste. But then again, I am old school.:wub: