Trynforpar

Another Summer Ruined

Well we just completed the first week of a 7 week trip and had to bring the coach home today because 2 slides are not working as designed. We own a 2016 Winnebago Meridian 40R. The bedroom slide retracted unevenly and had to be pushed in with the help of another camper. The  kitchen / couch slide squeaks terribly and makes horrible cracking sounds during extension. We live in southern New York and any dealer with a 5 hour radius wont even look at the coach until mid August. Im looking for any recommended service companies within a 6 hour drive of my home that can service Winnebago's and can fit me in over the next 2 weeks. 

Trynforpar,

If you really are interested in finding a service company in your area, you might want to go back and edit the title to reflect that.

Call John Cherry at Evoloution Custom Coach, located in White Haven Pennsylvania, phone number 570-443-5700, ask if he can recommend somebody. Have done lots of business with him in the past, I find him to be at least honest and very knowledgeable.

A 2016 Winnebago Meridian is an awfully new vehicle to have these kinds of problems... 

Did you purchase this new and what was the warranty on this coach?  I hope you have an extended warranty? 

Good luck... 

Tynforpar issues are not unique and are appearing in many late model Winnebagos.  I was at the Winnebago factory last year for numerous repairs. Our coach suffers from the same slide problems.  Our coach is currently in for the 4th time for slide repairs.  I am approaching 5 lost time for repairs since purchasing the coach in February 2016.  What I saw at the factory and heard from owners was nothing less than shocking.   Very disheartening.  These coaches were having the same sorts of slide problems.  These problems are occurring on what seems like the majority of Winnie coaches produced in the last several years.  The slide issues do not appear to discriminate between upper level models lower models.   

VERY SAD..... glad I skipped the Winnebago Navion... 

Even brand new..is no guarantee that you won't have a problem! 

Sometimes, it's better to keep it simple, no slides on my Roadtrek RS Adventurous.

I can only imagine how much of a "show stopper" it is being thousands of miles from home and not being able to drive with a slide that won't go back in or extend. 

2 hours ago, MWeiner said:

I can only imagine how much of a "show stopper" it is being thousands of miles from home and not being able to drive with a slide that won't go back in or extend. 

All the slides I am aware of have a way to retract the slides manually. 

Bill

21 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

All the slides I am aware of have a way to retract the slides manually. 

Bill

Same here.  Some things require taking the coach to the factory.  A 2016 model should still be under warranty.  It's a PITA, but sometimes you have to do it.  Some dealers are not capable of anything as sophisticated as slide adjustment and repair.