paparazi

Gotta Get This Off My Chest!

Enter room - drop soap box - climb aboard.

OK; this bugs me and I just want to blurt this out.....WHY DO PEOPLE STEAL LUG NUT COVERS???

What the ****? You can afford a 500 hundred thousand dollar motorhome, but you can't afford to your own lug nut covers? Three times...THREE TIMES...I have gone to move my coach from storage and covers are gone. The last time they were too lazy to put the tire covers back on.  Can someone, ANYONE explain this to me?

Thank you.

Retrieve box and exit.......

My guess would be that it's not a MH owner, but some kids out causing trouble.  I doubt any of us would be so low as to steal some lug nut covers.

Have you looked around the storage area for some one with new shiney covers?:P

Probably the same people who think it is funny to pull the lock pins on your towbar.

Bill

I just replaced my nut covers because the old ones were starting to get rusty.  $27 for 60 and free freight!  Don't know why anyone would bend over to take them.

DD/ Spend a little more and get chromed plastic nut covers. No rust. They last a very long time or until stolen😎. There is a galvanized gripper inside the cover, but it holds up very well.

They probably thought that yours were getting dull and needed replacement anyway.-_- I believe that you may need to invest in one of those game cameras to catch them on film, not that it would do any good, the police usually say, don't call us call your insurance, what a joke.

How many times has this happened? Was only one taken or all of them?  All wheels or just off one? Is this in a secured storage facility or at your home? If a storage facility, I would visit with the owner to see if more folks are having issues. 

Herman 

9 hours ago, obedb said:

DD/ Spend a little more and get chromed plastic nut covers. No rust. They last a very long time or until stolen😎. There is a galvanized gripper inside the cover, but it holds up very well.

My last ones lasted for over 15 years so that is not a problem for me.

I guess rust is not an issue in arid Lake Havasu City,  AZ. Took (95) south off of I-40 a time or two. Looked nice from the distance I had to observe at 71 feet in length. Did not want to explore. Just didn't feel like putting up with the AZ scales and the CA bug station. I also have always enjoyed CA 62. With the broken field running I have been known to do, I missed the entire LA megalopolis and joined I-5 atop Grapevine Pass. Would do it a motorhome if I felt the need to visit the pleasant weather in Santa Maria to Pismo Beach. Central Coast. One of the destinations in CA that I do miss.

Hmm, Obedb, do the plastic ones hold up? Have tin ones now and I can't stand that they will not shine. Since we have the standard 33mm hex this opens my options to spikes and bullets and all kinds of different bling :lol:.

OP, that is terrible! I guess you have to pull all of that off when you store it?

My guess is they are not being re-used, but sold for scrap metal.  Check out the plastic ones, and maybe the problem will be solved.

21 hours ago, jleamont said:

Hmm, Obedb, do the plastic ones hold up? Have tin ones now and I can't stand that they will not shine. Since we have the standard 33mm hex this opens my options to spikes and bullets and all kinds of different bling :lol:.

OP, that is terrible! I guess you have to pull all of that off when you store it?

I went with plastic and love them and the shine.  A bag of 60 is real cheap and won't rust.