mweiner

Day Trips To Beach, Hikes Or Park

How may of you take your Class B rigs out on short day excursions or even occasionally use your RV as a second vehicle.. and keep it as a base of operations? 

Not B, but our C is constantly in use. And we have 4 vehicles... We just like our C, is easy to take dogs, and I can work from it.

13 minutes ago, DP26 said:

Not B, but our C is constantly in use. And we have 4 vehicles... We just like our C, is easy to take dogs, and I can work from it.

Thanks for your reply...hey, when you use your vehicle in these situations, are you concerned about insurance? 

3 hours ago, MWeiner said:

Thanks for your reply...hey, when you use your vehicle in these situations, are you concerned about insurance? 

Concerned in what way? We have appropriate coverage.

We have full coverage...but, they said it's for "recreational purposes only", SO, they don't want us just using this to go to the store if we're home and we can use our other two cars..

I guess they want to limit their liability.

33 minutes ago, MWeiner said:

We have full coverage...but, they said it's for "recreational purposes only", SO, they don't want us just using this to go to the store if we're home and we can use our other two cars..

Check, but I suspect the "For recreational purposes only" is to exclude commercial use or renting it out. 

How in the world would they know whether you stopped at the store on the way to or from a camping trip vs just a trip from your house to the store??

I am always recreating... IANAL. My guess is it is to exclude full time. I would also read the policy, not go on what someone says. Most are lay person readable with a little effort.

2 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Check, but I suspect the "For recreational purposes only" is to exclude commercial use or renting it out. 

How in the world would they know whether you stopped at the store on the way to or from a camping trip vs just a trip from your house to the store??

You might be right... I'm going to look into it..

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Mack,

I would definitely look for a different insurance company. 

Your vehicle in reality just a van, no offense. 

Herman 

Herman, no worries.. yes, it's just a van as you stated... that's what I like about it, smaller and easily manueveable. 

My auto policy says pleasure, since I no longer work outside the home. I wonder if I am covered going to get smogged, to the mall, etc. (Just kidding.)

22 hours ago, MWeiner said:

"Recreational purposes only" means you can't rent it out to make a business out of owning it.  Also, you might read the fine print, it might mean you can't use it for business purposes...like full timing and working out of it.