mimipa

Replacing Wiper Motor

First Time.  I have a 2010 Damon Daybreak with a 2007 Chassis and the windshield wiper motor quit. I would like to replace it, but can't find a replacement. I called Thor ( who makes Damon ) and was told that I would have to bring the motorhome to one of their dealers for repairs. I wish to replace the motor myself, because I  used to be in the auto trade. I can not fine one. Numbers on motor are=TRU VIS ON ( not used anymore ) 2 speed DC Wipe Motor Model ZD1631  12 V  Pprduction Date June15, 2008 Damon Corp.  DA-RWSA03-1 Part # 844523 Serial : 0241. Can anyone help?  My FMCA #F317723

I know that this seems odd, but we have an electric motor repair shop here in Birmingham called BEMCO. I deal in repair of all types of computer and peripheral devices. Many times I have taken an odd or obsolete motor to them for repair. Usually takes 2 days to 2 weeks to get it back but they have always come through for me. You may want to check around for such a place near you. Also since you will need to remove it anyway, take it to a large (such as NAPA) store, a good parts savvy counter man just may be able to match it up.

Are you sure it is the motor? I read in a recall notice that the relay or something  was an issue on some models. Do you have it out? if so please post a picture if possible. It may be possible to interchange with one similar. If you are handy and  have auto experience get on the web and try sites like Bill suggested and see if you can match it up. I have found on my RV that once I can describe it, the local CarQuest of Napa can find it. One example is my 98 alegro Bus has a headlight switch the same as a early 90's ford pickup.

Gary

4 hours ago, mimipa said:

....I have a 2010 Damon Daybreak with a 2007 Chassis....

Are you saying your chassis was built in 2007, but the coach was not put on until 2010??  We've had a coach with a one year spread, but never three years.

Mimipa,

Three years difference between the chassis date and body date, very odd. Maybe you meant 2009 chassis for a 2010 coach? 

Having auto components on a Motor Home is not unusual. The head lights on our 2002 Monaco Dynasty are 1998 BMW 528i. If the part j mentioned is not correct and the relay isn't the problem check with a rebuillder or try RV Salvage Yards. There are a number around the country . 

Herman