Kayse

When It's Time To Sell....

Would anyone be willing to give us suggestions the best way to sell our Class C?  We tried a straight turn in and they would only give us 60%

You can either advertise and market it yourself, dealing with the lookers and those that want to offer you pennies on the dollar...or you could consign it out and pay a percentage or set agreed upon fee.

I've sold 2 using consignment.  Pretty painless.  You get more than you would on a trade-in and not as much as if you sold it outright (but without the headaches)

Kayse,

Welcome to the Forum.

When is the best time to sell an RV. Winter time is the worst time since everyone is wondering why they are making payment on something they can't use. However it is also the best time to buy. Folks are in hurry to get out from under the payments.

I have found the best time to put your RV on the market is during or right after a local RV and or Sports show. That is the time folks are fired up to get an RV.

Herman

WHY are you selling it and how old is it? Too many miles? 

It's never a good thing to turn over a vehicle that you recently purchased, so, how long have you owned it? 

I recommend keeping a vehicle for at least FIVE years..then take stock of your situation..  I would ask yourself, can you live with this for another period of time. 

What model is this Class C...if it's a vehicle in high demand on the secondary market, you'll have an easier time selling it. 

Dealerships rarely give people "deals trading in"... Unless, you're willing to make a deal to purchase a new or late model vehicle from them.

Unfortunately, a lot of people smell desperation and low ball you on rebound sales. 

Good luck.

It's offers like this that makes it hard to trade in your older Class C... people just see dollar signs... forget that most of these "low price leaders" are not probably as good as yours.   

When you see places like Camping World advertising 30 to 40 percent off retail price... well, something has to give.. and it's usually quality. 

http://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetails/new-class-c-rvs/2017-thor-gemini-23tb-front-living-60k-AMRV1307593

We sold our Class C in 10 days with no bothersome "lookers" on RVTrader.com. People who want to travel to your place to look usually settle the details by email and then come prepared to buy. 

I'm with CarlAda.

Same reason I use a RE Agent to buy or sell property!  No headache, no surprises...85-90% of something is a lot better than 100% of nothing!

We had a good experience putting our motorhome on consignment with PPL Motorhomes in Houston, TX.  They specialize in consignments.  We thought they were honest and nice to work with.

Brooks