darbyjudy

1st New Motorhome

I am 82 years old and just bought the first new motor home.  The one I turned in was a 2004 Gulf stream Sun Voyager.  Well I thought for my last hurrah I would but a new one.  I thought I had researched it pretty good but boy did I learn fast.

I bought a Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K.  We love the way it is set up and have camped in it for 5 days.  But the things I don't like is the lack of quality control by REV.  Before we could take delivery the dash air had to be repaired. Awning is not being fully stored, missing screws, paint chips, rear fender missing screws and loose, trim inside loose and one piece looked like a beaver had chewed on it.

After camping 5 days we then had a water leak when it rained ( General tells me they can't find it )  Vacuum unit for the toilets runs off and on like there is a vac leak, dash radio does not work ( this radio has been ordered since 1st part of June)  and a  few other things.  Right now General tells me they are waiting for the radio, vacuum flush unit, and awning parts.

It makes no sense to me that it takes them weeks and weeks to get these parts when I bet I could have it sent to me overnight if I wanted to pay for them.  It makes me sick to think that you pay over 100 thousand dollars for a motor home and then have this kind of problems.

I would never again buy a new one.  I will let someone else have all this problems. I guess I am just a  old man who does not understand how our world works.

So sad, but quality control seems to have gone out with the bathwater-_-, it is great that you can buy a new one at 82. Hope that the next new one works out better for you.

Darby, don't stop. I want to be behind you and not catch up to you but I am close.

Trust me,  your manufacturer is not the only one that has less than adequate quality control. I think if you visit any of the repair shops you will see many newer model MH's in for repair. 

Having personally run into the "new" syndrome on my MH when I purchased it i can feel your pain. We have run into the same problem on shipping and part availability.  My rig is now 9 years old and the situation on parts has not improved, nor would I expect it to as it gets older. Maybe in 6 years when I attain a certain age I'll buy another MH, but it will be a couple years old.

Good luck and happy trails. Enjoy your lifestyle for many more years.

Keep the faith! Takes about a year to work the bugs out of any new coach. Stay on top of the warranty department and prebook service appointments even if you currently have nothing wrong at the time.

Edited by FreightLinerFever
Miss spelled word