jleamont

Old FMCA Eggs

This really bothers me so I'm venting. In the last month or two I have come upon FIVE coaches displaying the goose egg and all 5 had no idea what it was, they bought them with the eggs on the coach already. Does FMCA have a policy on this i.e. if you sell the coach you must remove it?

On a good note all 5 know about FMCA now :D.

I guess once you have the plaque it is your to do as you please. It would be nice for folks to remove it and mount it on their next coach. We have a friend that always mounts his with screws. This theory is when removed there will be a faded area so the next owner should join FMCA and cover the area with their plaque.

Herman 

I would definitely remove mine should I get out of RV'ing. Who knows, one of the family members may take up the lifestyle some day and be able to use it.

1 hour ago, desertdeals69 said:

I've had mine (real eggs, cast aluminum) on about 10 coaches since 1978.

I would have paid extra for them in aluminum, mine are 9 years old and look like they are pushing 20

Joe/ with all of your contacts, can't you find a metal shop to make you a couple? Bill Edwards is a body and fender guy. Maybe he could do it for you.😉

I think that I was sent the aluminum plates when I joined up in 1978.  They are sand cast and if you can find a foundry you should be able to have them made.  When mine look a little dingy looking I spray paint it with black satin finish Rustoleum and sand the raised edges for the satin aluminum look.

9 hours ago, jleamont said:

This really bothers me so I'm venting. In the last month or two I have come upon FIVE coaches displaying the goose egg and all 5 had no idea what it was, they bought them with the eggs on the coach already. Does FMCA have a policy on this i.e. if you sell the coach you must remove it?

On a good note all 5 know about FMCA now :D.

No, there is no policy.  Of course!  Should the owner selling a coach also remove any Good Sam stickers?  Escapees stickers?  It's just a thing and not a very important thing.  If they glued that to their coach it could easily damage the paint or gel coat if removed.  Doing so would dramatically lower the value of the coach as it would need to be repaired or repainted.  While I would not make the mistake of gluing anything to the coach, others might and when they do, the coach is "stuck" with it!