Sign in to follow this  

Smart Wheel Issues 2006 Monaco

We are in Ontario, Canada and have no functions on our smart wheel. We have checked the obvious - fuses etc., but it could be the in the wiring inside or master module.

Is there a service centre or rep anywhere in Ontario that can service this for us....we are FULL TIMERS and are stuck here.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum ! 

The attached file might offer some help and you might try to look up IPX contact information to fined a location in Canada. 

There are internal fuse(s) for the module and on post had an issue where water condensation on the Dash AC unit got into the module under the dash and caused the same issue you have described.    

The module is not weather proof and water worked its way into the electronics by capillary action and corroded the electrical circuits.  

Rich.

Smart Wheel _TROUBLESHOOT.pdf

Do you have horn,head lights or windshield wipers? There are several functions in the control box. I had an issue installing the past where one of the connections got hot. Replaced the control box a the connector.  

When I had another issue I contacted VIP (Vehicle Improved Products). The tech had me down load their PDF file. He then walked me through to steps to analyze my problem. 

Call them and they my be able to recommend a shop. You might call around large truck shops. Lots of big rigs have Smart Wheels. They may help or recommended a place.

Herman 

more to the Ontario inquiry 

I called the freight liner service who say they service Smartwheel but because my Monaco Dynasty has a Roadmaster chassis they can't plug into it

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???????

Thanks to all for your comments! we are still working on it...waiting to hear from VIP.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:43 PM, F353199 said:

Thanks to all for your comments! we are still working on it...waiting to hear from VIP.

No feedback for a few days, but have you tried this link to Roadmaster in Canada ?

http://www.roadmasterinc.com/locator/index.php?tab=CA

Is this the contact information you used ?

http://www.vipwheels.com/technical-support

VIP PDF Service info that should cover your system and coach year !

Rich.

01460-I1V-_A.pdf