tbaldwin

Back Up Camera Mounting Bracket Modification

Hello forum.  This is my first post.

Can anyone suggest a way to modify the mounting bracket of a back up camera. I purchased a Tadi Brothers digital back up camera but was unaware it mounted only above the RV. (yes, I called them and they only supply this bracket) I want to mount mine to the rear of the coach like all factory installs.  I need some type of extender or separate bracket. The antenna at the back of the camera jams against the back of the RV preventing it from tilting far enough to see the top of the car.  Thank you in advance :)  

IMG_1881.JPG

tbaldwin,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

You could make a spacer from most any waterpoof material. Cut to size and drill holes to match bracket mounting holes.  I would probably just cruise the isles at a box store looking for a 1" thick piece of suitable material.

For high tech, we use starboard in the marine industry: https://www.boatoutfitters.com/material/plastic-sheet/king-starboard

If you are near a marine area, probably can find someone with a scrap you can have inexpensively.

If you have access to a vise, most hardware and building supply stores have a display of metals. I like to use aluminum 1/8 inch barstock, 1-1/2" wide, easily bent and a portable drill to drill holes where needed. Brett's method is good but this is just another way.20170802_165150.thumb.jpg.01d6f756784c9cc597d96775d742d3b0.jpg

Go go Lowe's or Home Depot and get a sheet of 1/4" clear or white plexiglass cut two stripes the width and length of your current mounting bracket.  This will give you 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 inches spacer you  can match the holes in the bracket and you won't have to drill any more holes in the coach, just get longer screws.  Might I suggest getting Stainless screws to avoid rust stains. 

Herman