rfsod48

Wash Wax All

I have used wash & wax to clean the coach. Not to sure it is any better the the wash solution by itself. The one thing I know is if you wash the windows with w/w it is hard to clean the windows. It leaves a film that I conclude is the wax. Many times I will just wet the coach with water wipe and then rinse well with water. I have used vinegar in the water to prevent streaking. However that doesn't work too well, may be I am not using enough to rinse with. 

Between washing I will use Lucas Slick Mist. It is a detail solution in a spray bottle. Just spray it on and wipe it on.

Herman   

I used it a couple of times last year, worked well for me, I applied by the instructions, and although it stated that it was ok on windows, I never apply anything that has the word wax in the title directly to my windshield.

I used it as a no water wax, it is great for those times in a park that does not allow washing your coach with their water, I have only been to one so far that probably would complain if they saw you using it as a waterless solution. Actually the waterless washes work much better when no water is used, it actually uses the "dirt" to achieve better results. The after shine seems to last pretty well also, I bought a medium size supply, and still have at least half yet. In another thread, I posted that I used a local guy to wash the coach for $25.00, much simpler to use him when at home.

I wish that I could find someone that cheap! I think that I will give wash wax all a try when we go to Arizona for the winter. A wash and wax there usually is around 200-300.

I purchased the Wash Wax All kit. The kit is worth the extension pole that will reach 14 feet (even though I only need 12 feet). Very easy to use. The attachment to the pole is inverted V shape and it is labeled on the inside, "Dry," "Wet."  Initial applications of about 10 pumps on the wet side to dampen it, then spray some on the coach and wipe it down, flip the V end over to the dry side and wipe over what was don with wet side.  Goes fast. The V cloths do not get into every nook and cranny but you can follow up with microfiber cloths to take care of those areas.  Coach (40 ft) takes about 1 hour, TOAD takes about 15 minutes. Shine lasts on my paint. Don't know how it would work on GelCoat.

I have used the wash/wax before (borrowed from a friend) and it's a good system...so is Lucas Slick Mist.  For the price of ww, I can get a couple of dozen bottles of Lucas!  In the past 3 years, all I have used is Lucas...my coach gets wet in a rain storm.  A bottle of Lucas in Wall Mart is $9 and does my coach and toad twice.:)

Got the collapsible pole at a paint store and Linda found the 2 V heads at Target.  Pole is 3' extends to 12' !  

Wow guys.  Thanks for this post.  I just stumbled across this thread.  I HATE cleaning my coach lazy bugger that I am.   I will definitely give this system a try.  I agree, any wash/wax product and half the washes just make a mess of the windows.  I think I will head for Walmart today to try some of the Lucas product.  Hopefully I will find a pole assembly.  Best bet; Walmart for that or the local car parts store?

I have been using Wash Wax All on my 34' Holiday Rambler Vacationer Diesel Pusher for about 6 months now.  I have been extremely happy with the results.

I do not wash before & use it according to directions. Spraying extra on bugs and letting it soak in for a minute or so makes it very easy to remove bugs.  I have been using it on the windows and have had no issues on build up or "view-ability".  I bought a extension pole at Walmart.

I find that the fiberglass poles tend to be a little heavier than aluminum and are less flexible, for this reason I like fiberglass better. I have not looked at Walmart, but I have found the fiberglass ones at paint stores, and building supply stores.

OK, I'm a little behind on this project.  The pole won't come with any kind of a usable head on it, correct?  Does that come from Walmart?  I went there tonight and found the Lucas product but wasn't sure what I needed for an applicator.  I will find a paint store or a Lowes to look for a pole.

Chemical guys car detailing site has a two sided head that would work very well or you can buy wash wax all head for several more dollars.

I have used Turtle Wax Ice and have had great results. Windows...never noticed an issue. I also use the polymer product very similar to all of these like Lucus from Mothers, spray it on and wipe it off, nice shine. It is available all over the place. 

Thanks RFSOD48 for starting this post and thanks MANHOLT for the Lucas suggestion.  I bought a bottle and did the bottom half, what I could reach from the ground.  What a great product.  This will probably get me off my keester to keep the bottom half presentable. 

By the way, what happened to my ID at the left of our posts?  If I won't own up to what I post, I won't post it.

I prefer the old fashioned way of washing/waxing.  I wash the entire coach, then dry it if it spots...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.  Then for about three hours a day for the next five or six days, I put on NuFinish or Meguiers Cleaner Wax as I work my way around the coach.  Granted, it takes more time and work than the Wash/Wax products, but only do it once a year.  When I did it this August, the coach was still beading water when it rained.  As long as we're on the subject, here's what else I put on my  coach:

Metal antennas on the roof:  NuFinish or Meg Cleaner Wax.

Plastic roof vents, plastic shower sky light, glass solar panel:  Protect All

Black plastic A/C covers:  Back to Black

All lights:  Protect All

Stainless steel trim around bottom of coach and around steps:  Meg Cleaner Wax...tried others, this is the easiest to get on and especially off.

Windshield:  Rejex

Radiator grill cover (aluminum):  Meg Cleaner Wax

Tires:  303

FIVE.  You have way too much time on your hands! :lol:

Roland.  Sorry, I was in Sweden when you asked...Slick Mist is exterior!  Lucas has a wide variety of products.  Mothers chrome cleaner is great on motor cycles! LOL 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Not against the WW system,  but when I can get the same results at 10% or less with other polymer products, why not?:)

When I looked at the Lucas Slick Mist it sells for about $7 for 24oz. The WashWax solution is $30 for a gallon. So a gallon of Lucas will be about $37+. I wouldn't doubt that you could find the rest of the components slightly less expensive.

Linda and I had a blast.  She had never been outside the US, think I might have created a expensive wish list...she's talking about Spain, Portugal next. LOL

How's everything going with your son & DW?  Send me a PM.

Dk, last I looked, it was not the re=order that was costly, it was the original amount. 

Coming in a little late on this topic but I just met a guy that uses 'the Solution". Says he's been using it for years. Spray on, wipe off. Anybody familiar with it?