rfsod48

Wash Wax All

10 hours ago, f442485 said:

I have been using "The Solution" for quite a while. It's pretty awesome stuff. Bugs and road grime are no match

That's good to hear. Thanks.

I have used it since we ordered our new Winnebago 2011 Winnebago with  full body paint coach and love it . Also we have been in rv resorts that do not allow washing your coach . This is where it pays off to have this system. It was first used in Denver to wash air planes down because of water being scarce or something like that .If your coach is really dirty you still have to wash it the old fashioned way with soap and water. Also as other posters have said do not use on Windows the film from the wax is hard to get off .It is a great deal and at most big rallies there will be a guy selling it and having a class to show how great it is . You use to buy it by the gallon but now you can get it in a smaller bottle that does one gallon. I have had the same gallon jug for about  4 years .

OK After reading all of your great review on the Wash Wax product I ordered a kit on Amazon which comes with the wax mop, cloths, solution, and will let everyone know what I think when I receive it and use it. I have used other waterless products and have been happy with results but it was always difficult using a ladder to get to the high places. Kit was not cheap but if it works like everyone is claiming it will be worth it. The kit is called The Waterless Aircraft, RV boat wax mop kit and it was shipped to me yesterday.

Does anyone out there remember "Bon Ami". It came in a spray can and was used on windows. I remember stations used it when washing cars by hand. (did I tell on myself?).

I would love to have several cans for the DW to use when cleaning the windows.:o

Herman 

Mypopslou,

The cleaning rod that comes with the kit is worth the price.  My original kit had a 14ft extension but it was lost in Hurricane Harvey. When I say lost I forgot to unload it.  The new one is 12ft and is still adequate.  Push of a button and it extends or retracts with just a slight pull/push of your arm.

I also use it for our cars. If DW helps me we can do a car in about 10-15 minutes.

Hersey!:) Never wipe dust or sand or grit with anything.

I have watched more than one with the waterless products, and the coaches look clean but the spider webbing is horrific, after just a few uses. Many do not care I suppose.

It is even more dramatic  on our little Back AMG per example and it is never had dust and dirt just wiped off. Pressure washer on moderate setting on areas where there won't be a chance of water intrusion such as the lower half of the coach, this with water and non spotting  liquid car wash only. Then sot brush an pads on poles, with brush or pad rinsed under pressure before loading with fresh was solution. Never dip dirty or used pad or brush into the soap solution, before thorough rinse under pressure, never. I wash or did and wife followed with hose rinsing, and then we used sot towels not washed with softener, on end of sqeegie. Front cap and wind windshield gets done first. Always wash early morning when dew has softened any bugs on front cap and windshield and sun at low angles to keep pats of mh from drying and spotting before you can finish. Or in ate evening early dark. Never wash in a campground with lime dust and dirt flying around in clouds when ever someone flies though, and don't even stay there, unless a have to or a real primo fishing, which in that case all can be forgiven.

When you finish come do my coach. I'm getting too old or this stuff.

The bestest idea is to find someone who brought the grandkids, pay them to do it.

As far as wash and wax it never did what I expected on the mh. On our with wheel the rubber roof stains seemed to be glued into the finish from using it.

I sometimes cheat on my cars and use Mequire's god car wash/wax, after the car is spotless from washing already, and dry and rub it good with micro fibers in the garage away from the sun.

On the mh I use Meguires Synthetic spray wax and the Detailer too sometimes prior to waxing the finish.

A Swifter mop handle and good micro fiber towels never washed or dried with softener, it takes a while but like a good painting.........

It is murder on my shoulders but don't do it often and a short step ladder helps that a lot.

Extension poles can be bought at a paint store for a lot less than with the wash wax system...Linda got the system for her DP at Six State...$200+, she used it once and went back to my way.  Lucas slick mist and micro fiber..$15 + pole = $42.  It works!  I also use it on my 2005 AMG 55 Roadster and 1972 Bentley. :wub:  This January was Wash the coach, before using Lucas.  With all the sleet, snow and rain, between the Hill Country of Texas and Harlingen, Texas...my coach was gray with road grime.  The RV Park gave me an OK to wash both coaches by a bucket and rinse by hose.  Took us 3 days!:blink::wacko:

On 2/20/2018 at 11:56 AM, hermanmullins said:

Does anyone out there remember "Bon Ami". It came in a spray can and was used on windows. I remember stations used it when washing cars by hand. (did I tell on myself?).

I would love to have several cans for the DW to use when cleaning the windows.:o

Herman 

I must be older than you. I remember Bon Ami when it was a cake that you put on a few drops of water and the used a small sponge or rag to use it. Don’t ever remember a spray can. 

Bon Ami in powder form, sprinkle in SS sink, with just enough water to make a loss past.  I used real fine steel wool to clean, rinse.  Never seen in liquid form for spraying on windows!!!  My grandmother and mother, used Vinegar & News paper to clean windows and mirrors....I still do that.

Herman.  If you can find "Spray on Bon Ami", even in old advertisement.  I'll keep you in Beer for a year! :rolleyes:

Ross.  Never seen it in cake form (solid or semi solid)!  It's been around since 1886 as a powder.  Still is a powder, only thing added since original formula of  Feldspar & wood ash, is Carbonate and Bicarbonate (baking soda for odor control).

I cautioned the new sheriff when he changed the topic to Bon Amin and now you guys are running with it. Shame, shame, shame....in my best Gomez Pyle voice of course. 

Reminder, wash and wax is the topic so just suggest using Bon Ami as an aid to wash and wax and you're covered. :D

Is someone really washing their coach with Bonami?

My Renntech 6.2 C63 AMG would refuse to start if I tired to wipe it clean.

Baby is just a few ft away in the garage. I hope it isn't picking this us with all the electronics, no days.

Might run away too if it saw me coming with  dry wipes.

After 7 years still gleams like polished glass.

Coach would too if I was ten years younger, or had two ft longer arms.

Maybe we need a wash,wax and shine contest....no professionals.  :)

Sorry TimeT, I started this with a commit about the residue left on your windows when using a wash and wax product on coach windows. Then I digressed to the question about Bon Ami spray cleaner for windows. 

Wayne, 

Thanks for finding the ads. I was about to think I had only dreamed about the Bon AMi window cleaner.

Sorry to have digressed from the Topic but again thanks Wayne.

Herman

:lol::lol: Glad you posted it and not Herman! :wub:  He's like me on beer.  I have 3 bottles left, of a 6 pack of Bud Light, that I bought for the last Perry Rally, 2 years ago!!! :lol:

Now the topic has changed to wagering and beer, what will be next? 

I made a mistake and bought a 18 pack or I think it was 18 and had to throw the last 12 away because they went flat. Remember when a case of beer had 24 and now they call it a pack of 18. Of course the 18 cost more than the 24 did. 

I recently found a bottle of Markers Mark 46 that we bought during a Kentucky distillery tour some years ago, dang that's good stuff. I've since bought 2 more. Mind you this is strictly for cooking purposes. You see, I sip it will watching the DW cooks.

Of course the entire time I'm thinking about using wash and wax or Bon Ami to clean the motorhome.:P

The biggest problem...aside from cost...as I see it, with wash & wax, is you can't do the windows!  With the Lucas, we also use it on the windows!  Now, I'm beginning to wonder if the Bon Ami (powder) will clean the bugs off of, my diamond shield?

I think I'll have a glass of wine, while I consider this further!  Other problem is, I have no Bon Ami!

Jim S.  Back when I drank all that 80 to 150+ proof stuff.  I thought Yukon Gold was the best whiskey!  Pendleton was a close 2nd.  Scotch was my choice, single malt Highland.  Blended scotch, I went for Famous Grouss (darn Chinese spell check)!   

Herman, I just stirring up stuff.:)

Cleaning glass streaked over time or with hard water or runoff from a rubber roof can be maddening. I just vaugely remember Bon Ami but it was very popular. I have some glass polish, cerium oxide or serious stuff, in a very very fine grit but don't like to use it.

I wax my windows on the cars with McQuire's spray synthetic quick wax and wipe it off, easily with good micro fiber towels. No spotting from acid rain which is horrendous in many areas of the Country and, water supplies even worse, like mid west wells, and Decatur, Indiana , water supply. Filters on the hose clog up in no time. The windshield sheds bugs a lot easier on the mh but cleaning and waxing it still has to be frequent.

The coating, on the glass, we foolishly paid a thousand dollars for, many years ago, did shed bugs easier, for a few years.