jleamont

Williamsburg VA

Great shot Joe the only thing missing is someone sitting with a cool adult beverage in hand. Ahh.

Seeing your awning out reminds me that I have had an issue with our Girard Power awning for close to 4 years, It would go out under power but not in. A new PC board was close to $1,000.00. So for a long time I have cranked it in by hand. Think the ratio is 25 to one. In Indy I spoke to John the owner of Girard and he said he would take care of me, boy does he have a short memory. I did talk to one of his techs and he told me of an issue of solder connections on the board. So I got home and proceeded to remove the board. All of the connections are the same push and clip like on the back of some speakers. As I was removing connection I found one that was barely touching. Re-plugged everything back in including the loose connection. Guess what, the awning went out, the awning went in and out and in again. 4 yaers with a loose connection.

I have a power awning!!!!

Herman

Joe, that is a great looking site. Herman, it's the "simple" things in life that makes us appreciative.:wub: After the last repair on my coach about 6 weeks ago, the bus would crank and run for 60 seconds then shut off, did that about 8 times, all kinds of bad thoughts went through my head. I started looking for loose wires, when I discovered the 12 volt feed wire to the ECM, that I could just touch it and the motor would run just a little longer. I took the nut off, cut the old ring terminal off and crimped a new back one back on, no more shut downs, fingers crossed now.

Herman, the same thing happened to me last year, I opened up the control box wiggled a few wires pressed the in button and it closed. Headed to Busch Gardens today with Keon and his family, last time there....too many cold adult beverages, on a hot day went down real easy.

Kay, didn't you have a wire problem before that left you in the road? Time to clean those old wires up. Heading your way just came up last night around the fire with The Hayes family, their coach was at my right shoulder when I took that photo.

Herman here's their coach, awning view this morning drinking my coffee.

image.jpg