Sign in to follow this  

Best Emergency Assistance Insurance?

Does anyone have any experience (I hope not, but.....) with Emergency Assistance Insurance, where if you or your spouse has heart problems or any other problems and need to be Hospitalized, and can't drive your RV, where the Insurance Company will pay to fly you, your spouse and pet, on a medical airplane home, then arrange for your RV to be brought home, also?  I would appreciate any 'first hand' help on this.

Thanks,

McCord

Personal friend from Arkansas was in Florida and had a heart attack, pretty severe one. After he was stabilized FMCA Travel Assist provided a Lear Medical Jet with qualified personnel on board to fly him back to Arkansas. The were also going to provide flying the puppies back and getting the RV and TOAD back to them but they had friends that flew to FL and drove the MH and puppies back to Arkansas.  The medical jet was no cost to them and all covered by FMCA Assist.

Does that help.

Wow, Thanks Wayne77590, I appreciate that Very, Very, Much.

Although I believe I am in Terrific Health for my age of 77, you never know, and I just wanted to 'have my ducks in a row' IF something were to happen, in order to take a big strain off of my wife, IF it did.  

Now, please let me get this straight, this 'Travel Assist Insurance' is an 'Add On' to whatever insurance you get when you 'sign on' with FMCA, is that correct?

Thanks Again, GunNut11

20 hours ago, FIVE said:

If you are a member of FMCA, it comes with the membership, no extra charge.

Thank you So Very, Very, Much, FIVE.  I will call them tomorrow to make sure this 'Travel Assist' comes with my 'membership', and is not an 'Add On'.

Even if it is an 'Add On', I'll Add it On.

Again, Thanks, and wishing you Happy, Trouble-Free, Travels.

GunNut11

GunNut11,

Welcome to the FORUM.

FMCA, Family Motor Home Association, offers many benefits. The Michelin and Continental Tire Programs where you may obtain tires for your Coach and personal vehicles. It is a very simple program no added cost. They have a Road Side Service program that is an add on,($) There is also the great Magazine, Family Motor Coaching, that come to you each month, no added cost.

But the one great benefit that is of no added cost to you is the FMCAssist Program. This is sometime refereed to a "Repatriation Program". Where should you, being more than 100 miles from your home, experience health issues (Death included) and it is determined that you must be returned to your home FMCA will take care of all the arrangements to have both you and your spouse, your motor home and pets returned to your home. I am sorry that I paraphrased the program. But it is a wonderful program.

It is one benefit that I hope no one ever has to use.

Herman     

On 8/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, wayne77590 said:

Personal friend from Arkansas was in Florida and had a heart attack, pretty severe one. After he was stabilized FMCA Travel Assist provided a Lear Medical Jet with qualified personnel on board to fly him back to Arkansas. The were also going to provide flying the puppies back and getting the RV and TOAD back to them but they had friends that flew to FL and drove the MH and puppies back to Arkansas.  The medical jet was no cost to them and all covered by FMCA Assist.

Does that help.

This sounds like a SkyMed service, not an FMCA Assist Service...I would double check with your friend what kind of program he had.   I have not heard of FMCA providing a “Lear Medical Jet” to fly anyone “back home”

6 hours ago, peggyjshafer said:
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, wayne77590 said:

This sounds like a SkyMed service, not an FMCA Assist Service...I would double check with your friend what kind of program he had.   I have not heard of FMCA providing a “Lear Medical Jet” to fly anyone “back home”

Allstate or State Farm or any other insurance company doesn't "FIX YOUR CAR", when you have a wreck either, they do CO-OP with repair shops and provide the funding to do the same. FMCA assist service is of the same nature, they can hire anyone capable of getting the job done, which just might include SkyMed service or any other that provides the same service.

FMC Assist does provide the necessary mode of transportation to return you to your home or destination deemed necessary by the Doctor in charge of your treatment. Be it a Yellow cab or a Lear Jet. I have heard of it costing up to and over $35,000.00 for the service and it is all covered by FMC Assist. It is a great benefit.

Herman

3 hours ago, peggyjshafer said:

It was definitely a Lear medically equipped jet and staffed by RN familiar with cardiac patients.

There sre a few misnomers in the above posts. FMCAssist is medical repatriation insurance provided by Seven Corners that is included in you FMCA yearly dues. FMCA Roadside Assistance is for breakdowns of your RV. There is a separate charge of $69/year for this and is provided by the parent company VAS. VAS provides this service for many different organizations like FMCA. VAS had provided Coach Net and Good Sam several years ago.

Going to the FMCA web site and carefully reviewing Member Benefits should clear up any hearsay.

By the way Sky Med is not an insurance and they can change their services at anytime  last I heard it was owned by four individuals and operated out of SCOTTSDALE, AZ.

MASA is probably the best, but also the most expensive. FMCAssist is also worldwide except return of RV is limited to Canada, Mexico and USA. 

Decades ago, when I was a member of Goldwing Road Riders Association, I got Rescue Plus through that organization and have kept it to the present after leaving GWRRA only a few years after I joined.  I would not be without it.  Non-member GWRRA rate is $85 a year.  It covers any non-commercial vehicle which I own, or in which I am a passenger, with very generous terms -- for instance, 100-mile towing range.  Some years ago I was backing a 29-foot Class C with a trailer/motorcycle into a campsite at Mt. Cheaha, the highest point in Alabama and accessed only by some interesting roads, when the front seal of the transmission blew out.  Rescue Plus sent up a wrecker as big as a locomotive and towed me down into Anniston trailer and motorcycle behind the RV, without any more hesitation than if I'd had a Smartcar.  Road Riders Rescue, 800/843-9460.  I am not affiliated with them in any way except as a customer, and am assuming non-motorcyclists can still obtain their coverage.