wildebill308

Difference In Ride-- Load Range G vs H

They are Triangle.:( They were on the coach when I bought it. I checked them out and the truck forums didn't have any bad reports other than they were a little hard. I know all the people complaining about Chinese junk but they seamed to work ok. They never lost air or showed any weather checking. Yes they did seam to be a hard tire. but worked ok in the back. 

They were about 5 years old. I don't have the date codes handy.

Bill

Never heard of them before Bill. The tread pattern (what was left of it) was odd looking. Don't feel bad I had a Goodyear do the same to me on the last coach, it was only 3 at the time. I figured it was abused before we owned it. 

The tire place said they sell a lot of them. But like you said some times stuff happens.

As an aside, in another thread we were talking about the front wheel bearing seals leaking. Well when I got home I looked at the front tires and they had grease streaks just like a seal leak. I said....  well then I realized it was the grease they "liberally" used on the tire rimes when mounting the new tires. Thank goodness.:P I don't need any more challenges right now.

Bill

Ok, after it was all said and done It cost $3288.13 out the door for the Continentals.  I saved $1164.72 over the list price and the BIG one I saved $613.64 over using the FMCA Michelin program for comparable tires. B)

Bill A. so far they seem to ride better than the old tires and did not experience any problem with the ride. Yes I know new tires ride softer than the old hard ones but I was concerned going to a H  rated tire might be a harsher ride. Running the same air pressure as the G rated tires seams to be OK.

Bill

At the pressures most Class-A RVs run I doubt that you will see any difference in ride with a change if tire Load Range if you don't increase the inflation.

I know for a fact that in some cases it is possible to change Load Range of a tire with the only change being the bead wire which will have zero impact on ride.

Well just a late update. I had no complaint with how the new tiers rode on the last trip of about 6,000 miles. The only change noted was as stated earlier they are slightly larger diameter than the original tires. My GPS correction went up to + 6.6%.

I have to say I am happy with the new Continental program as they saved me a bunch more money than the Michelin program.

Bill