Sign in to follow this  
rhinderber

Yellowing Fiberglass Shower Surround

I have a 1998 TREK by Safari and as with older units I looked at before buying this one toilets and showers yellow with time.

Toilets can be changed easily. Showers are a more difficult problem.

Does anyone know how to restore the shower surround?

rhinderber, 

Sorry just couldn't stop myself. 

Your are correct about changing out you toilet. If you do you might consider one that is ceramic. It won't stain, discolored and is easy to keep clean. 

However the shower enclosure is a different issue.  You might look up a plastic shower unit manufacturers and see if they have any suggestions. I guess you could rough it up and apply some sort if vinyl or plastic paint to the surface. The manufacturer may have a suggestion there also. 

Herman 

There are many companies that do overlays and some that do an epoxy paint to make showers and tubs look better, as well as epoxy do it yourself repair. Some of the companies that come to mind are rebath, and bath fitters. Google for your area shower/tub repair. If you are DIY inclined, the epoxy is a very good repaint product, and will probably outlive your coach. As Herman pointed out, will need to follow prep instructions before just painting it on.