Joeandkathyray

Replacing Holding Tank Valves

Joe,

Welcome to the Forum. 

Are you asking about just replacing the two slide valves or up grading to automatic valves? Replacing them are the same either way. Just running power to them if going automatic. 

If you plan on doing the job yourself be sure to flush and rinse the tanks and then do it again several times. Before you start to remove the old valves make sure that you raise the drivers side of the coach. There's always waste still in the tanks. Be very careful of the "O" rings and you should be fine. 

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Herman 

joe.

Welcome to the Forum!

Could you be more specific in your question?  I have no idea what " dumping cables" are! 

Yeah, what Herman said.  And I'm with Carl, I have no idea what dumping cables are.  Maybe a picture or further explanation would help.

11 hours ago, Joeandkathyray said:

We have 2001 Winnebago adventurer, wondering if we can upgrade the dumping cables for the grey/black 

Has anyone done a upgrade ? 

Welcome to the forum. I believe you are asking about the cables used to operate the dump valves, right? Did you have one break? Are they just hard to operate? 

It makes it easier if you add your coach to your signature, look at carl's and T Butler.:)

Bill

Bill.

What cables?:blink:  You seem to know where or what they are!  I only know about the knife valves, pull the "T" handle that's attached to the metal rod that opens/closes valve.:P:huh:

I have seen cables on the dump valves.  Simular to remote control cables on outboard motors.  Morse and Teleflex make them.  I believe the type is a bulkhead mount at one end with a t handle.

8 hours ago, manholt said:

DD69, is that on a coach with a combined B & G tank?

One cable for each valve.  The valves are made to hook the cable to, I saw a valve at Bontraggers a few weeks ago.

Prior to our existing coach, we owned an Itasca Reyo (Class A on a Sprinter chassis) which used cables on the dump valves.  The black and gray tanks were located under the chassis behind the rear axle - one on the driver's side and one on the passenger side.  They drained through the dump valves into a common 3" header that ran to the driver side of the coach.  The dump valve cables allowed the T-handles to be mounted up in a driver side bay with the other plumbing valves/fittings for easy access.  It seemed to work OK.

To the OP: As far as I know, Winnebago is still building coaches using these cables.  I would think that you could order replacement parts from them.

As stephikroll said, Winnebago still makes these cables. I had Camping World replace mine-twice, then my extended service contract provider determined the valves were actually bad, as I maintained, and authorized new valves installed too. If you look up your model coach on the Winnebago website you'll find the plumbing schematic for your MH.