jack9821

Towing Nissan NV200 On 2 Wheel Dolly

We are complete novices. We will be towing a Nissan NV200 on a 2-wheel dolly behind a 41 ft. motor coach. We could use advice on turning and general driving practices. 

Will be attending Driving  school, but have been told that towing is not included.

1 hour ago, jack9821 said:

We are complete novices. We will be towing a Nissan NV200 on a 2-wheel dolly behind a 41 ft. motor coach. We could use advice on turning and general driving practices.  Will be attending Driving  school, but have been told that towing is not included.

I'm sure you're aware that backing up is not an option with the dolly. So, you need to be aware of your surroundings in order to prevent getting stuck and having to "unhook" to get out. Google maps (satellite view) is a great tool to use. I use it for Walmart stays as well as campgrounds or boondock sites. It's always nice to get a birds-eye view before pulling in somewhere. You can also use it for plotting a course from A to B. Good luck.

I'm sure glad that you are going to a driving school, especially if you have never driven a big rig. Make sure that the instructor is aware that you plan to use a tow dolly, and ask for advice from that person. If there is a business close to your residence that is closed on Sunday, ask for permission to practice on a large parking lot. While practicing in such an environment, take along something that can be placed as obstacles, (cones, buckets, barrels) work well for this. Make sure that you have another person, wife, friend, along to watch and offer suggestions as to how well you are doing. Practice turning as close to your obstacle as possible without hitting it. Remember that the rear view mirrors are on the coach for being able watch what is going on behind you, practice watching where your coach is at all times, this means constant moving your eyes from the path your going, then right, then left mirror to see where you currently are. Good luck with your new endeavor, and welcome to the forum.