N2WKENDS

Corian Sink Cover

Hi ,

Just bought a beautiful '04 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ. ( with only 24,000 miles on it !!! )  It is missing the "bigger'" side  of the Corian sink cover....any thoughts were I might get a replacement. I would like to have the additional counter space. 

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

N2,

Welcome to the Forum.

Two things come to mind. B)

First contact a RV Salvage yard, there are several around the country. One come to mind is Colaws in Cartridge, MO. Sorry I don't have their number handy but you may goggle them. They may have the insert you are looking for. 

Second, consider making a a nice wooden cutting board insert. Serves two purposes, 1st cover and 2nd you have a nice surface to cut on and not have to have to carry one.^_^

Herman    

When I needed to make modifications to my Corian countertop the first thing was to figure out the actual material brand (Corian, Wilsonart, etc) then figure out the "color" name is. Next I called around to the local shops that did installations and tried to find some remnants. I live in a small town so two phone calls and that idea was done. Next I searched for places on the internet that sold remnants. I found a couple and one actually had a remnant of color I needed, ordered it and made made the pieces I needed. The place I used is: http://solidsurface.com/

Corian is not cheap so be prepared $$. The wood idea would probably be much less expensive.

We use cutting boards at home made from Maple, but they are a little heavy, so we use a plastic cutting board while traveling in the coach.

Rich. 

Like dkreuzen mentioned, Corian is pricey and matching colors can be challenging ! 

I called Fleetwood and they were able to get the covers for my 2010 Bounder. Fleetwood knew the color of the countertop and had them made. It did not come originally with the Bounder. Try calling Fleetwood who has the Monaco line now.

6 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

N2,

Welcome to the Forum.

Two things come to mind. B)

First contact a RV Salvage yard, there are several around the country. One come to mind is Colaws in Cartridge, MO. Sorry I don't have their number handy but you may goggle them. They may have the insert you are looking for. 

Second, consider making a a nice wooden cutting board insert. Serves two purposes, 1st cover and 2nd you have a nice surface to cut on and not have to have to carry one.^_^

Herman    

Great idea !

Thanks,

Heather 

Monaco customer service phone number is 877-466-6226.  Call, ask for the parts department.  Be ready to give them your coach number.  Your coach number is the last six digits of the coach serial number.  That is not the VIN.  Look on the label on the wall behind the driver's seat.  Find the serial number and write down the last six digits.  That is the key.  They can look up all the specifics of your coach and if parts are available they can supply them.

If parts are not available, the salvage yards are a good choice.  The price will be better, condition may be good or OK.  There are many salvage yards located throughout the country and they do ship materials.  The link above is an exhaustive list of salvage yards.  Bookmark it for future reference.  It is an invaluable resource for those of us who are maintaining older coaches.