rfsod48

Dicor Replacement

How many times can you touch up Dicor sealant before you should remove and replace with new Dicor?

What about eternabond tape instead of Dicor? Seems that tape makes a better looking job, is it not as effective at preventing leaks?

2 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

How many times can you touch up Dicor sealant before you should remove and replace with new Dicor?

What about eternabond tape instead of Dicor? Seems that tape makes a better looking job, is it not as effective at preventing leaks?

I don't  think there is a limit to how many times you can "touch up" Dicor. However The better way is when you have the down time clean off all the old sealant, prep the surface, mask it off and do a new installation. This way you will get a good bond and no leaks plus it will look better. If it is cracking in the top it may be delaminating from the surface where you can't see it.

I haven't used eternabond tape but I don't think it does as neat of a instillation. I would have some for emergency's.

Bill

I don't care if my roof looks good, I just don't want leaks and white streaks! 

My home roof looks good and is functional, it's visible to all....my coach roof is only visible to birds, insects, plans and drones! 

True you are Carl. It doesn't seem that you should keep putting new dicor on top of old but I guess it is the way to do repair.

When we where in Bremen, IN.  I contacted both American Coach and Newmar.  Same answer, high pressure hose (900-1,200 pounds) to rough up and rinse off, then use a scotch pad and soapy water, then rinse until clear.  Let dry and apply Dicor, then apply wax.  Also, this all is done after you re-caulk if needed.

About $500 and a case of beer, or $1,800 in shop!